This information can be obtained by either visiting the web sites of the major monuments or by googling the term “tour operators” along with the name of the city.
At the visitor center, one can book half or full day tours. Generally speaking, the half day tours cover sightseeing highlights.
1. Mike's Garden Tours (tel./fax 09/846-5350;
2. Tamaki Hikoi (tel. 0800/282-552 in NZ) – walking tour of the Maori area.
3. Bush & Beach (tel. 09/837-4130)– coastal experience tour.
4. Potiki Adventures (tel. 0800/692-3836 in NZ). – specializes in Maori tours.
5. Fullers Auckland, Ferry Building, Quay Street (tel. 09/367-9111)- water tours.
6. The Pride of Auckland, at the National Maritime Museum, Quay Street (tel. 09/373-4557;) offers a dinner cruise.
7. Soren Larsen (tel. 0800/767-365 in NZ, or 09/817-8799;), for tall ship tours available December through February.
8. Sail New Zealand (tel. 0800/397-567 in NZ, or 09/359-5987;),
9. Island Escape Cruises (tel. 09/358-1717; ) for longer cruises.
It’s not called House of Points for nothing; some 1125 pyramid shaped stones punctuate the sky. The former 16th century home of the viceroy to India, it now houses a private organisation but if the lobby is open pop in to see remnants of the old Moorish city wall. Tel: +218 810 900 Address: Rua dos Bacalhoeiros 10 ...
This is a cemetery where several famous personalities from Barcelona such as Lluas Companys, Frencesc Macia , Joan Mia, and Carmen Amaya lie buried. ...
This is the best place to ‘hang around’ and get a feel of Nairobi while you walk its broad tree lined roads with flowers giving color and life to this buzzing street. Within walking distance from this avenue are the old colonial buildings including Parliament House, Nairobi City Hall, museums and other places of interest. Many shops with traditional crafts, especially in the Masaii market ar...
The King Hussein Mosque, also known as the Al Husseini Mosque, is located in the heart of downtown Amman. The site was originally home to Philadelphia's old cathedral. A mosque was built there in the seventh century, and rebuilt in 1924 in the Ottoman style. It is one of Amman's more impressive mosques, and an important gathering spot in Wasit Al Balad. Even if you don't go...