This information can be obtained by either visiting the web sites of the major monuments or by googling the term “tour operators” along with the name of the city.
At the visitor center, one can book half or full day tours. Generally speaking, the half day tours cover sightseeing highlights.
1. Mike's Garden Tours (tel./fax 09/846-5350;
2. Tamaki Hikoi (tel. 0800/282-552 in NZ) – walking tour of the Maori area.
3. Bush & Beach (tel. 09/837-4130)– coastal experience tour.
4. Potiki Adventures (tel. 0800/692-3836 in NZ). – specializes in Maori tours.
5. Fullers Auckland, Ferry Building, Quay Street (tel. 09/367-9111)- water tours.
6. The Pride of Auckland, at the National Maritime Museum, Quay Street (tel. 09/373-4557;) offers a dinner cruise.
7. Soren Larsen (tel. 0800/767-365 in NZ, or 09/817-8799;), for tall ship tours available December through February.
8. Sail New Zealand (tel. 0800/397-567 in NZ, or 09/359-5987;),
9. Island Escape Cruises (tel. 09/358-1717; ) for longer cruises.
Located along the Victoria Harbor waterfront, the Avenue of Stars in Tsimshatsui is the Far East's equivalent to the Hollywood Walk of Fame. It is a tribute to the great movie and TV industry of Hong Kong, a tribute to the professionals who have contributed to the territory's hundred-year history of film making. The Avenue of Stars features commemorative plaques, hand prints of movie celebri...
Only a short metro ride north of the city is the Milad tower which features a 435m radio and satellite antenna, a viewing deck, a revolving restaurant and a sky dome. It is the tallest concrete tower in Iran and has an octagonal base, symbolic of Persian architecture....
The chateau from which this park gets its name was destroyed in the 8th century. Le Chateau Park is located on the hillside lying between the old town and the harbor. It is a popular park containing a huge waterfall and a children's playing corner. Here you can get an amazing view of the city and also take in some medieval ruins. There is also a Maritime Museum here. Tour Bellanda ...
The place is regarded as a pure representative preserving the epitome of Australian art, culture and architecture. The place whole heartedly greets visitors from all countries with extreme zeal and hospitality. Apart from national art promoting centers the place also provides an exceptional opportunity to artists of diverse nationalities and backgrounds to display their works in front of various n...