This information can be obtained by either visiting the web sites of the major monuments or by googling the term “tour operators” along with the name of the city.
At the visitor center, one can book half or full day tours. Generally speaking, the half day tours cover sightseeing highlights.
1. Mike's Garden Tours (tel./fax 09/846-5350;
2. Tamaki Hikoi (tel. 0800/282-552 in NZ) – walking tour of the Maori area.
3. Bush & Beach (tel. 09/837-4130)– coastal experience tour.
4. Potiki Adventures (tel. 0800/692-3836 in NZ). – specializes in Maori tours.
5. Fullers Auckland, Ferry Building, Quay Street (tel. 09/367-9111)- water tours.
6. The Pride of Auckland, at the National Maritime Museum, Quay Street (tel. 09/373-4557;) offers a dinner cruise.
7. Soren Larsen (tel. 0800/767-365 in NZ, or 09/817-8799;), for tall ship tours available December through February.
8. Sail New Zealand (tel. 0800/397-567 in NZ, or 09/359-5987;),
9. Island Escape Cruises (tel. 09/358-1717; ) for longer cruises.
Address: southwest from El Centro, in the Curacao district Begun in 1944, El Pinar Zoo was the first public zoo in Venezuela. Although relatively small, only on a 7 acre plot of land, the zoo has succeeded in drawing a large number of curious kids and adults to its enchanting collection of nature’s visual treats. The zoo contains many local species of animals – some dangerous ones are caged...
Founded in 1966, the Montreal Planetarium is one of four entries in the Montreal Nature Museum (along with the Biodome, Botanical Garden, and Insectarium). Multimedia exhibits showcase different celestial bodies – planets, quasars, nebulae, galaxies, etc. Free lectures are held from time to time. This is another good attraction for children, but it’s not as good as the other part...
This is the tallest freestanding structure in the world. Walking on the glass floors 113 stories above the ground is exhilarating-like walking on air! The sky pod raises you another 33 stories up. Timings: Daily 9AM-11 PM Admission: C$ 21 [Adults] C$ 14 [Children] Address: 301 Front St. W Tel: 416/868-6937 Website: www.cntower.ca ...
This museum used to be the dwelling of the military leader Carl Gustav Emil Mannerheim. Today it serves as a museum to display his personal belongings and other special artifacts that he acquired throughout his life and his long travels as a soldier. Admission costs 8 Euros. Opening Time: Friday, Saturday and Sunday from 11am to 4pm. Address: Kalliolinnantie 14 ...