This information can be obtained by either visiting the web sites of the major monuments or by googling the term “tour operators” along with the name of the city.
At the visitor center, one can book half or full day tours. Generally speaking, the half day tours cover sightseeing highlights.
1. Mike's Garden Tours (tel./fax 09/846-5350;
2. Tamaki Hikoi (tel. 0800/282-552 in NZ) – walking tour of the Maori area.
3. Bush & Beach (tel. 09/837-4130)– coastal experience tour.
4. Potiki Adventures (tel. 0800/692-3836 in NZ). – specializes in Maori tours.
5. Fullers Auckland, Ferry Building, Quay Street (tel. 09/367-9111)- water tours.
6. The Pride of Auckland, at the National Maritime Museum, Quay Street (tel. 09/373-4557;) offers a dinner cruise.
7. Soren Larsen (tel. 0800/767-365 in NZ, or 09/817-8799;), for tall ship tours available December through February.
8. Sail New Zealand (tel. 0800/397-567 in NZ, or 09/359-5987;),
9. Island Escape Cruises (tel. 09/358-1717; ) for longer cruises.
This is Munich’s biggest museum, located on an island in the River Isar. It covers every conceivable aspect of technical endeavour, from the first flint tools used to the research labs of modern industries. Timings: Daily 9.00 – 17.00 Admission: €7.50 adults €5 seniors €3 students Free for children 6 and under Tel: 089-21791 ...
The 1000 years old brick bell tower is 325 feet tall, excluding the angel. It suddenly collapsed in 1902, crushing with it Jacopo Sansovino's 16th century marble loggia at the foundation. The loggia was immediately restored, and the tower was rebuilt according to the old plan and was opened for public in 1912. In the 15th century this tower was used to punish clerics found guilty of immoral behavi...
The Olympic Park was built for the 1986 Asian Games and the 1988 Seoul Olympics. It has a lake, and a square of sculptures which is very popular among visitors. It also has a large field which is covered with grass and has a few courses that are ideal for jogging and walking. Its outdoor stage and six stadiums are often used for concerts. ...
St. George Cathedral serves Lebanon’s Maronite Christian community. The church dates back to 12th century crusaders, but the modern iteration was built between 1884 and 1894. The interior design is inspired by the basilica, a large open hall dating to Roman times, specifically the Basilica di Santa Maria Maggiore in Rome. The façade is neoclassical, designed by Italian architect Giuseppe Maggio...