This information can be obtained by either visiting the web sites of the major monuments or by googling the term “tour operators” along with the name of the city.
At the visitor center, one can book half or full day tours. Generally speaking, the half day tours cover sightseeing highlights.
1. Mike's Garden Tours (tel./fax 09/846-5350;
2. Tamaki Hikoi (tel. 0800/282-552 in NZ) – walking tour of the Maori area.
3. Bush & Beach (tel. 09/837-4130)– coastal experience tour.
4. Potiki Adventures (tel. 0800/692-3836 in NZ). – specializes in Maori tours.
5. Fullers Auckland, Ferry Building, Quay Street (tel. 09/367-9111)- water tours.
6. The Pride of Auckland, at the National Maritime Museum, Quay Street (tel. 09/373-4557;) offers a dinner cruise.
7. Soren Larsen (tel. 0800/767-365 in NZ, or 09/817-8799;), for tall ship tours available December through February.
8. Sail New Zealand (tel. 0800/397-567 in NZ, or 09/359-5987;),
9. Island Escape Cruises (tel. 09/358-1717; ) for longer cruises.
is the largest surviving palace in Germany. It was initially built as a summer residence for Sophie Charlotte, the wife of Frederick I. it is a beautiful piece of architecture and gives an insight into the lives of the royals in the 17th century. The large grounds are also good to wander through. A whole day can even be spent there, as there are some adjoining museums. The crowds can be difficult ...
If you are not part of the millennial generation (born between 1981-2000) you probably listened to the BBC World Service on a radio and you heard the chimes of Big Ben before the hourly news. If you are a young adult you may have watched BBC TV or visited their website. But whatever your age, you have probably heard of the British Broadcasting Corporation which continues to be a symbol of ...
Kuwait is a very child friendly place, offering a wide range of activities and entertainment to keep them busy and safe at all times. You can take them to spend a whole day at the many theme parks like Entertainment City, to a more educational setting like the Scientific Centre or the Zoological Park. There are also plenty of water sports and fishing excursions for children. ...
This building has a frightening history as it was once the headquarters of AVH secret police. This force arrested and tortured activists from all sorts of political persuasions within this building and the plaque outside reads: “We cannot forget the horror of terror, and the victims will always be remembered”. Remembered they will be as the wall outside the foyer displays their photos, a tank sits...