This information can be obtained by either visiting the web sites of the major monuments or by googling the term “tour operators” along with the name of the city.
At the visitor center, one can book half or full day tours. Generally speaking, the half day tours cover sightseeing highlights.
1. Mike's Garden Tours (tel./fax 09/846-5350;
2. Tamaki Hikoi (tel. 0800/282-552 in NZ) – walking tour of the Maori area.
3. Bush & Beach (tel. 09/837-4130)– coastal experience tour.
4. Potiki Adventures (tel. 0800/692-3836 in NZ). – specializes in Maori tours.
5. Fullers Auckland, Ferry Building, Quay Street (tel. 09/367-9111)- water tours.
6. The Pride of Auckland, at the National Maritime Museum, Quay Street (tel. 09/373-4557;) offers a dinner cruise.
7. Soren Larsen (tel. 0800/767-365 in NZ, or 09/817-8799;), for tall ship tours available December through February.
8. Sail New Zealand (tel. 0800/397-567 in NZ, or 09/359-5987;),
9. Island Escape Cruises (tel. 09/358-1717; ) for longer cruises.
Feel seven and a half centuries of Stockholm’s history come alive as you wander around this museum. The different floors of this building show the different stages of the city’s developemnet and growth, from the Medieval times to the present day modern metropolis. Smaller exhibitions, like the photographic exhibition, also run concurrently with the main one. The museum has a cafe and a shop, and ...
This park is a wonderful area to unwind. Adults can relax and have a good time while children amuse themselves on the Ferris wheel and the train. Boating and skateboarding/ roller skating facilities are also available here. Timings: Daily all day Admission: Free Address: Al Corniche, Al Bidda ...
This park is popular amongst locals who come here to while the weekend away. It is fast becoming a tourist hot spot as well. The park comprises of a garden, a man made beach, a mini-golf course, a bird protection area and a lake where fishing and boating is allowed. Timings: Daily 7 A.M- 6 P.M Admission: Y 10 Address: Jinxiu Lu 1001 Tel: 021-3876-0588 ...
It may look dirty, sketchy, and chaotic, and indeed it is dirty, sketchy, and chaotic, but downtown Amman, also known as Wasat Al Balad (center of the nation), is the beating heart of the city. It's easy to get lost in the winding and hilly streets, lined with shops selling just about everything. While most of Amman is peaceful and orderly, downtown is awash in humanity. Despite ...