This information can be obtained by either visiting the web sites of the major monuments or by googling the term “tour operators” along with the name of the city.
At the visitor center, one can book half or full day tours. Generally speaking, the half day tours cover sightseeing highlights.
1. Mike's Garden Tours (tel./fax 09/846-5350;
2. Tamaki Hikoi (tel. 0800/282-552 in NZ) – walking tour of the Maori area.
3. Bush & Beach (tel. 09/837-4130)– coastal experience tour.
4. Potiki Adventures (tel. 0800/692-3836 in NZ). – specializes in Maori tours.
5. Fullers Auckland, Ferry Building, Quay Street (tel. 09/367-9111)- water tours.
6. The Pride of Auckland, at the National Maritime Museum, Quay Street (tel. 09/373-4557;) offers a dinner cruise.
7. Soren Larsen (tel. 0800/767-365 in NZ, or 09/817-8799;), for tall ship tours available December through February.
8. Sail New Zealand (tel. 0800/397-567 in NZ, or 09/359-5987;),
9. Island Escape Cruises (tel. 09/358-1717; ) for longer cruises.
Kilmainham Gaol is a former prison turned museum that played an important part in Irish history. It opened in 1796. The leadership of failed Irish rebellions in 1798, 1803, 1848, 1867, and 1916 were held, and oftentimes executed here. Consequently, the prison was seen as an instrument of British colonial control and was closed after independence in 1924. In the 1950s, plans...
Ho Chi Minh City offers plenty of places where you can take your children. One place to spend the day is the Saigon Zoo. With 133 years of operation, it’s is one the oldest zoos world. The wide variety of indigenous animals, the aquariums and the museum can keep children occupied for the entire day. Several temples are also found in its extensive grounds. Ho ...
A hot favorite among the art aficionados, this art gallery showcases the works of predominantly European art. With works of big painters and artists including Monet, Sisley, Renoir, Constable and Van Gogh on display, the gallery offers an interesting peak into the many colors of modern and traditional art. Paseo del Prado 8, Las Letras Tel: +34 91 369 0151 Timings: Tue-Sun 10:...
One of Paris’ most striking buildings was only completed in 1977. The Centre George Pompidou, also known as the Beaubourg, was designed in the postmodern, high-tech architecture style by architects Renzo Piano and Richard Rogers. The industrial façade and exposed interior are in striking contrast with the surrounding neighborhood of Marais and the 4th arrondissement, one of the oldest are...