This information can be obtained by either visiting the web sites of the major monuments or by googling the term “tour operators” along with the name of the city.
At the visitor center, one can book half or full day tours. Generally speaking, the half day tours cover sightseeing highlights.
1. Mike's Garden Tours (tel./fax 09/846-5350;
2. Tamaki Hikoi (tel. 0800/282-552 in NZ) – walking tour of the Maori area.
3. Bush & Beach (tel. 09/837-4130)– coastal experience tour.
4. Potiki Adventures (tel. 0800/692-3836 in NZ). – specializes in Maori tours.
5. Fullers Auckland, Ferry Building, Quay Street (tel. 09/367-9111)- water tours.
6. The Pride of Auckland, at the National Maritime Museum, Quay Street (tel. 09/373-4557;) offers a dinner cruise.
7. Soren Larsen (tel. 0800/767-365 in NZ, or 09/817-8799;), for tall ship tours available December through February.
8. Sail New Zealand (tel. 0800/397-567 in NZ, or 09/359-5987;),
9. Island Escape Cruises (tel. 09/358-1717; ) for longer cruises.
This gallery holds a collection of 19th century art. Here you can find paintings and sculptures from the Neoclassical and Romantic periods, as well as from the Impressionist movements. The museum was commissioned by King Ludwig I in 1853 as the first museum for contemporary art. Timings: Daily except Tuesday 10.00 – 17.00, Wednesday 10.00 – 20.00 Admission: €5 adults €3.50 st...
The music of fado is at the heart of Alfama’s history and this museum traces its history from the working class to its international exposure. There is even a re-created guitar workshop and you can Tel: +218 823 470 Website: www.museudofado.egeac.pt Address: Largo do Chafariz de Dentro Opening Times: 10am-6pm Tue-Sun, closed 1st of January, 1st of May and December 25th. Admission Pr...
If you want to escape city life but still want to feel the movement of people, then head over to Bangsar, a much sought after residential and entertainment suburb in the Klang Valley. Bangsar is a great place to retreat from the city and have a delicious and pleasant meal. With its wide array of cuisines, you will definitely find something to meet the demands of your palate. Bangsar ...
Old Medina is a small traditional walled town in the north of Casablanca containing an extravagant labyrinth of lanes. Wander through the bustling streets and watch the never-ending spectacle of barbers, butchers, grocers, ironmongers and their throng of customers. ...