This information can be obtained by either visiting the web sites of the major monuments or by googling the term “tour operators” along with the name of the city.
At the visitor center, one can book half or full day tours. Generally speaking, the half day tours cover sightseeing highlights.
1. Mike's Garden Tours (tel./fax 09/846-5350;
2. Tamaki Hikoi (tel. 0800/282-552 in NZ) – walking tour of the Maori area.
3. Bush & Beach (tel. 09/837-4130)– coastal experience tour.
4. Potiki Adventures (tel. 0800/692-3836 in NZ). – specializes in Maori tours.
5. Fullers Auckland, Ferry Building, Quay Street (tel. 09/367-9111)- water tours.
6. The Pride of Auckland, at the National Maritime Museum, Quay Street (tel. 09/373-4557;) offers a dinner cruise.
7. Soren Larsen (tel. 0800/767-365 in NZ, or 09/817-8799;), for tall ship tours available December through February.
8. Sail New Zealand (tel. 0800/397-567 in NZ, or 09/359-5987;),
9. Island Escape Cruises (tel. 09/358-1717; ) for longer cruises.
Smaller park than the Weiner Prater, but unique in its own way. Home of the Vienna Boys' Choir....
Ba Da Pagoda was originally called Sung Khanh Pagoda and was built in 1056 AD, during the Ly Thanh Ton Dynasty. The original temple has long disappeared and has been called many names throughout its history. It is located at the end of a narrow alley off a street that runs between the Ho Hoan Kiem Lake and St Joseph's Cathedral. ...
A beautiful and tranquil place shaded by stunning trees, this cemetery is the resting place of many interesting people; Prime Minister William Lyon Mackenzie King, Canada's greatest war hero, Lt. Col. William Barker; to name a few Timings: Daily 8AM-Dusk Admission: Free Address: 375 Mount Pleasant Rd Tel: 416/485-9129 Website: www.mountpleasantgroupofcemeteries.ca ...
is the burial place of many of the kings of the Prussian empire and the largest church in the city. The beautiful church is worth visiting just for the scale and the age of it. Admission is around €5 and free guided tours are available. Telephone: 2026 91 36. ...