This information can be obtained by either visiting the web sites of the major monuments or by googling the term “tour operators” along with the name of the city.
At the visitor center, one can book half or full day tours. Generally speaking, the half day tours cover sightseeing highlights.
1. Mike's Garden Tours (tel./fax 09/846-5350;
2. Tamaki Hikoi (tel. 0800/282-552 in NZ) – walking tour of the Maori area.
3. Bush & Beach (tel. 09/837-4130)– coastal experience tour.
4. Potiki Adventures (tel. 0800/692-3836 in NZ). – specializes in Maori tours.
5. Fullers Auckland, Ferry Building, Quay Street (tel. 09/367-9111)- water tours.
6. The Pride of Auckland, at the National Maritime Museum, Quay Street (tel. 09/373-4557;) offers a dinner cruise.
7. Soren Larsen (tel. 0800/767-365 in NZ, or 09/817-8799;), for tall ship tours available December through February.
8. Sail New Zealand (tel. 0800/397-567 in NZ, or 09/359-5987;),
9. Island Escape Cruises (tel. 09/358-1717; ) for longer cruises.
The Cabildo, situated opposite the Casa Rosada is the only surviving government building from colonial times so is worth the exploration, especially if you have an interest in architecture. ...
It is a historical site that marks the location where a failed coup d' etat by Partai Komunis Indonesia (Indonesian Communist Party) met its end. This is also the place where several high-ranking generals were tortured to death for not cooperating with the revolutionaries. ...
The Marine Museum has a collection of live and fossilized fish on display. The Museum is convieniently located next to the Red Sea, so that college students and the like can use their boats fully equipped for travel, studies and research. Address : North Ubhor ...
The university campus is worth a look for its early 18th century structure and beautiful green campus gardens. Founded in 1789, it was originally run by the country’s first black Jesuit, Father Patrick Healy. At the east gate, the imposing, Flemish style 1879 Healy building is impressive with its tall clock tower. 37th & O Sts NW, Georgetown Tel: (202) 687 6538 (info) Website: ww...