This information can be obtained by either visiting the web sites of the major monuments or by googling the term “tour operators” along with the name of the city.
At the visitor center, one can book half or full day tours. Generally speaking, the half day tours cover sightseeing highlights.
1. Mike's Garden Tours (tel./fax 09/846-5350;
2. Tamaki Hikoi (tel. 0800/282-552 in NZ) – walking tour of the Maori area.
3. Bush & Beach (tel. 09/837-4130)– coastal experience tour.
4. Potiki Adventures (tel. 0800/692-3836 in NZ). – specializes in Maori tours.
5. Fullers Auckland, Ferry Building, Quay Street (tel. 09/367-9111)- water tours.
6. The Pride of Auckland, at the National Maritime Museum, Quay Street (tel. 09/373-4557;) offers a dinner cruise.
7. Soren Larsen (tel. 0800/767-365 in NZ, or 09/817-8799;), for tall ship tours available December through February.
8. Sail New Zealand (tel. 0800/397-567 in NZ, or 09/359-5987;),
9. Island Escape Cruises (tel. 09/358-1717; ) for longer cruises.
Batie Woods is a wildlife refuge spanning about 20 hectares. Joggers and hikers enjoy the hiking trails that run through the park. There is also a small zoo inside the woods. ...
This Masjid is the second mosque ever built in Islam after the Quba Mosque. It is so much more valuable to the Muslims because it was built by the Prophet and his Companions. It is the major attraction of Madinah and the only reason why so many Muslims around the world flock to this city. It is a Grand Mosque that is signified by its stately green dome and fine Islamic architecture. It is also the...
This square has recently been renovated. The highlights of the square are the restored courts of law which add to the architectural splendor. The cafes and terraces are the perfect place to soak up the atmosphere. Located in the same area is a bell tower with beautiful archways running along it. 1 Place du Palais-du-Justice Rue de la Prefecture Fax: +33 4 92 14 46 49 ...
In order to govern and administer the district of Frederiksberg, the town hall was founded between 1942-53. It includes a wedding room, an auditorium, library and assembly room. The lofty tower measuring 60 metres can be viewed from the rooftops of Copenhagen. Especially arranged for tourists, there is a guided tour on the first Saturday of every month at 1 pm. Address: 1-3, Smallegade Te...