This information can be obtained by either visiting the web sites of the major monuments or by googling the term “tour operators” along with the name of the city.
At the visitor center, one can book half or full day tours. Generally speaking, the half day tours cover sightseeing highlights.
1. Mike's Garden Tours (tel./fax 09/846-5350;
2. Tamaki Hikoi (tel. 0800/282-552 in NZ) – walking tour of the Maori area.
3. Bush & Beach (tel. 09/837-4130)– coastal experience tour.
4. Potiki Adventures (tel. 0800/692-3836 in NZ). – specializes in Maori tours.
5. Fullers Auckland, Ferry Building, Quay Street (tel. 09/367-9111)- water tours.
6. The Pride of Auckland, at the National Maritime Museum, Quay Street (tel. 09/373-4557;) offers a dinner cruise.
7. Soren Larsen (tel. 0800/767-365 in NZ, or 09/817-8799;), for tall ship tours available December through February.
8. Sail New Zealand (tel. 0800/397-567 in NZ, or 09/359-5987;),
9. Island Escape Cruises (tel. 09/358-1717; ) for longer cruises.
This shrine was built in honor of the Emperor and Empress Meiji in 1920. These royals were credited with making Japan more extroverted and opening it up to foreigners. This Shinto shrine is magnificent- the gates leading to the shrine known as Torii in Japanese are 1700 years old and are made of extravagant cypress. The structure itself is also composed of Japanese cypress with green copper roofs ...
Located in the city's most affluent residential areas, surprisingly, this square once hosted bullfights! There was only a stone avenue called a “liston” here, and was a very popular walking area. So much so that in Venetian language "andare al liston" still means "to go for a walk." Campo Santo Stefano is a popular meeting spot and outdoor fairs during Christmas and Carnival seasons are also held ...
The area of Waterfront consists of many sights and attractions. A very famous one is the Holmen which is a place near the harbor where one can spend a relaxing and peaceful vacation. An excellent place to roam around with a loved one and dine out in one of the exquisite restaurants lined up. ...
Address: Paseo El Calvario, Urbanización El Silencio, Caracas Timings: open daily 7am to 10pm Go for stroll though these lush gardens containing an enchanting chapel and a brilliant white stone arch, all of which were built to emulate the city of Paris. The park contains classical elements out of the gardens at Versailles, including delicate metalwork benches, gazebos, statues of eminent p...