This information can be obtained by either visiting the web sites of the major monuments or by googling the term “tour operators” along with the name of the city.
At the visitor center, one can book half or full day tours. Generally speaking, the half day tours cover sightseeing highlights.
1. Mike's Garden Tours (tel./fax 09/846-5350;
2. Tamaki Hikoi (tel. 0800/282-552 in NZ) – walking tour of the Maori area.
3. Bush & Beach (tel. 09/837-4130)– coastal experience tour.
4. Potiki Adventures (tel. 0800/692-3836 in NZ). – specializes in Maori tours.
5. Fullers Auckland, Ferry Building, Quay Street (tel. 09/367-9111)- water tours.
6. The Pride of Auckland, at the National Maritime Museum, Quay Street (tel. 09/373-4557;) offers a dinner cruise.
7. Soren Larsen (tel. 0800/767-365 in NZ, or 09/817-8799;), for tall ship tours available December through February.
8. Sail New Zealand (tel. 0800/397-567 in NZ, or 09/359-5987;),
9. Island Escape Cruises (tel. 09/358-1717; ) for longer cruises.
Almost a temple, with its columns and statues symbolising justice and fortitude, this is where Portuguese parliament convene. While you can’t go in, it’s worth just to see the outside decor. Address: Rua de Sao Bento Opening Times: closed to the public ...
London is a very child friendly city. When visiting London, you will see that there are enough places and activities to keep you and your children busy. Some of the places that you can take your children to while in London are: V&A Museum of Childhood The national museum of childhood is a branch of the Victoria and Albert Museum. The museum has an extensive toy collection that comprises ...
The Retiro barrio nearby hosts the main train station in the city. As you would expect, the place is packed with commuters and travelers any time you go there. There is also a great lifestyle scene here, with high class restaurants, boutique shopping, and clubs. It is home to a wide variety of immigrants. The whole area and its business is quite dizzying, especially for a first time visitor or if ...
Located in the plain of Arafat, this Masjid is the place where the prayers of Hajj, (the combined Zuhur and Asr prayers), are said on 9th Zil Hajj. This Masjid opens only once a year especially for the Hajj prayers. It is a sight to behold. It takes 30 minutes by car to reach from the city centre. ...