This information can be obtained by either visiting the web sites of the major monuments or by googling the term “tour operators” along with the name of the city.
At the visitor center, one can book half or full day tours. Generally speaking, the half day tours cover sightseeing highlights.
1. Mike's Garden Tours (tel./fax 09/846-5350;
2. Tamaki Hikoi (tel. 0800/282-552 in NZ) – walking tour of the Maori area.
3. Bush & Beach (tel. 09/837-4130)– coastal experience tour.
4. Potiki Adventures (tel. 0800/692-3836 in NZ). – specializes in Maori tours.
5. Fullers Auckland, Ferry Building, Quay Street (tel. 09/367-9111)- water tours.
6. The Pride of Auckland, at the National Maritime Museum, Quay Street (tel. 09/373-4557;) offers a dinner cruise.
7. Soren Larsen (tel. 0800/767-365 in NZ, or 09/817-8799;), for tall ship tours available December through February.
8. Sail New Zealand (tel. 0800/397-567 in NZ, or 09/359-5987;),
9. Island Escape Cruises (tel. 09/358-1717; ) for longer cruises.
This is a mosque located on the outskirts of Makkah. It serves as a Meeqat, or point where one can make the intention for Umrah. The mosque is named after the Prophet Muhammad’s (SAW) wife, Aisha (RA), who while accompanying the companions on the first Hajj prayed at this spot to make intention for Umrah. SAPTCO buses run to and fro from this architecturally scenic mosque charging SAR 2. Private c...
This fort is yet another legacy of the Portuguese occupation of Muscat dating back to the latter half of the 16th century. While the fort is closed to visitors, it is a wonderful photop opportunity and is within view from the Mutrah Souk and Corniche. Timings: Daily Admission: none Address: Mutrah Harbor Tel: none ...
The Kuwait towers stand as the unofficial symbol of Kuwait. The taller of the two towers stands at 187 meters high and serves as a restaurant and water storage tower as well as a viewing spot. It is designed as a sphere which rotates a full turn every 30 minutes. The second tower stands at 145.8 meters and is simply used as a water storage facility. There also exists third tower which is used as a...
Cua O Quan Chong, or the Old East Gate, is the only one of the original sixteen gates that provided access to the old city still standing. The Old East Gate is located within the Old Quarters of Hanoi; and dates back from the time when Hanoi was a medieval city. Address: Junction of Hang Chieu and Dao Duy Tu Street. ...