This information can be obtained by either visiting the web sites of the major monuments or by googling the term “tour operators” along with the name of the city.
At the visitor center, one can book half or full day tours. Generally speaking, the half day tours cover sightseeing highlights.
1. Mike's Garden Tours (tel./fax 09/846-5350;
2. Tamaki Hikoi (tel. 0800/282-552 in NZ) – walking tour of the Maori area.
3. Bush & Beach (tel. 09/837-4130)– coastal experience tour.
4. Potiki Adventures (tel. 0800/692-3836 in NZ). – specializes in Maori tours.
5. Fullers Auckland, Ferry Building, Quay Street (tel. 09/367-9111)- water tours.
6. The Pride of Auckland, at the National Maritime Museum, Quay Street (tel. 09/373-4557;) offers a dinner cruise.
7. Soren Larsen (tel. 0800/767-365 in NZ, or 09/817-8799;), for tall ship tours available December through February.
8. Sail New Zealand (tel. 0800/397-567 in NZ, or 09/359-5987;),
9. Island Escape Cruises (tel. 09/358-1717; ) for longer cruises.
Caracas loves children! Apart from the many family-oriented public parks, like the Parque del Este and the Parque Los Caobos, which offer countless hours of fun with the lush landscaping, the serene water bodies, the alluring all-year-round floral displays, and the regularly organized family activities, the city contains two large public zoos that are also a big hit with Caraqueño children. ...
The fifth and current iteration of St. Paul’s Cathedral was consecrated in 1708, but the diocese of St. Paul’s has been in existence since 604AD. After the Great Fire of 1666, the decision was made to rebuild the cathedral from scratch rather than trying to restore the severely damaged Gothic version. The new design, by architect Sir Christopher Wren, was a Greek cross in the Baroque R...
Thought to be initially built by the angels, then by Adam (AS). Destroyed in the flood of Noah, it was rebuilt by Abraham (AS) on the orders of Allah. It became a symbol of power in the times before the Prophet Muhammad (SAW). It was believed who so ever had control of the Ka'aba would have the right to rule over the other tribes in Makkah. The Prophet Muhammad (SAW) solved this by having the vari...
Besides these, are the Safaris one can take to game parks which are just 6-7 hours drive from Nairobi. Amongst them the most popular is of course the Masai Mara Natural reserve. This is in the beautiful Savannah Grasslands area of Kenya and has a huge number of large animals. The Masai community has been allowed to graze there and very often can be spotted in their traditional attire asking you to...