This information can be obtained by either visiting the web sites of the major monuments or by googling the term “tour operators” along with the name of the city.
At the visitor center, one can book half or full day tours. Generally speaking, the half day tours cover sightseeing highlights.
1. Mike's Garden Tours (tel./fax 09/846-5350;
2. Tamaki Hikoi (tel. 0800/282-552 in NZ) – walking tour of the Maori area.
3. Bush & Beach (tel. 09/837-4130)– coastal experience tour.
4. Potiki Adventures (tel. 0800/692-3836 in NZ). – specializes in Maori tours.
5. Fullers Auckland, Ferry Building, Quay Street (tel. 09/367-9111)- water tours.
6. The Pride of Auckland, at the National Maritime Museum, Quay Street (tel. 09/373-4557;) offers a dinner cruise.
7. Soren Larsen (tel. 0800/767-365 in NZ, or 09/817-8799;), for tall ship tours available December through February.
8. Sail New Zealand (tel. 0800/397-567 in NZ, or 09/359-5987;),
9. Island Escape Cruises (tel. 09/358-1717; ) for longer cruises.
Located in West Amman's trendy Sweifieh district, Wakalat Street is Jordan's first pedestrian only area. The street was closed off to cars in 2007. It was repaved and trees were planted. It's lined with retail outlets, cafes, and restaurants. Sweifieh is also a nightlife hub, and several bars and clubs are within a few blocks. It's not authentic Jordan, but Wakalat S...
Located in the plain of Arafat, this Masjid is the place where the prayers of Hajj, (the combined Zuhur and Asr prayers), are said on 9th Zil Hajj. This Masjid opens only once a year especially for the Hajj prayers. It is a sight to behold. It takes 30 minutes by car to reach from the city centre. ...
Address: past the Medeu Ice Skating Rink and Medeu Dam, up the same trail Reception: +7 (3272) 58 19 99 Fax: +7 (3272) 58 20 30 Timings: open November to April/May Located at 2300 meters above sea level, this is a romantic little resort and hotel complex that perfectly terminates your breathtaking journey up the mountainside. From here you can go off on hike trails in different direc...
South African Museum and Planetarium The fossil gallery and the whale well are fascinating and contain skeletons dating back to over 300 million years ago. Children are bound to enjoy these exhibits. Timings: Daily 10 A.M- 4:30 P.M Admission: R 20 [Adult], R 12 [Children]- entrance to both the Planetarium + Museum Address: Between Queen Victoria Street and Government Avenue Tel:...