This information can be obtained by either visiting the web sites of the major monuments or by googling the term “tour operators” along with the name of the city.
At the visitor center, one can book half or full day tours. Generally speaking, the half day tours cover sightseeing highlights.
1. Mike's Garden Tours (tel./fax 09/846-5350;
2. Tamaki Hikoi (tel. 0800/282-552 in NZ) – walking tour of the Maori area.
3. Bush & Beach (tel. 09/837-4130)– coastal experience tour.
4. Potiki Adventures (tel. 0800/692-3836 in NZ). – specializes in Maori tours.
5. Fullers Auckland, Ferry Building, Quay Street (tel. 09/367-9111)- water tours.
6. The Pride of Auckland, at the National Maritime Museum, Quay Street (tel. 09/373-4557;) offers a dinner cruise.
7. Soren Larsen (tel. 0800/767-365 in NZ, or 09/817-8799;), for tall ship tours available December through February.
8. Sail New Zealand (tel. 0800/397-567 in NZ, or 09/359-5987;),
9. Island Escape Cruises (tel. 09/358-1717; ) for longer cruises.
The Reunification Palace, once referred to as Norodom’s Palace and Independence Palace, is a monument of great historic importance to the Vietnamese and the site of many power transfers. First built and used by the French Governors General, the original palace later became the residence of the Prime Minister Ngo Dinh Diem but was leveled and rebuilt after heavy damage in attacks by the Saigon army...
This amazing monument was officially inaugurated in 1960, marking 500 years after the death of Henry the Navigator’s death. Standing at 52m high and carved out of limestone, this statue pays tribute to all the famous people within Portugal’s Age of Discovery: Henry stands at the prow followed by Vasco da Gama, Diogo Cao and over thirty over great explorers. The mosaic in front of the monument is ...
Schaffhausen is a small city 50km northeast of Zurich and the capital of the Canton of Schaffhausen. The first historical mention of the city came in 1045AD. It was an independent city state before becoming a charter member of the original Swiss Confederacy. Schauffhausen suffered considerably during the Thirty Years' War, and in fact did not recover fully until the arrival of t...
60,000 m² large area, contains baroque buildings as well as samples of modern architecture. Houses installations from large art museums like the Leopold Museum and the MUMOK (Museum of Modern Art Ludwig Foundation Vienna). It also houses the Tanzquartier, a well-built centre for dance, the Architektur Zentrum Wien and other art-related attractions. ...