This information can be obtained by either visiting the web sites of the major monuments or by googling the term “tour operators” along with the name of the city.
At the visitor center, one can book half or full day tours. Generally speaking, the half day tours cover sightseeing highlights.
1. Mike's Garden Tours (tel./fax 09/846-5350;
2. Tamaki Hikoi (tel. 0800/282-552 in NZ) – walking tour of the Maori area.
3. Bush & Beach (tel. 09/837-4130)– coastal experience tour.
4. Potiki Adventures (tel. 0800/692-3836 in NZ). – specializes in Maori tours.
5. Fullers Auckland, Ferry Building, Quay Street (tel. 09/367-9111)- water tours.
6. The Pride of Auckland, at the National Maritime Museum, Quay Street (tel. 09/373-4557;) offers a dinner cruise.
7. Soren Larsen (tel. 0800/767-365 in NZ, or 09/817-8799;), for tall ship tours available December through February.
8. Sail New Zealand (tel. 0800/397-567 in NZ, or 09/359-5987;),
9. Island Escape Cruises (tel. 09/358-1717; ) for longer cruises.
The Plaza Italia is the focal point of the suburb, surrounded by the zoo and the botanic gardens, and holding the monument to Giuseppe Garibaldi As it is the largest barrio in Buenos Aires, there are several sub sections such as Palermo-Viejo, Palermo-Chico, Palermo-SoHo and Palermo-Hollywood. ...
The King Hussein Mosque, also known as the Al Husseini Mosque, is located in the heart of downtown Amman. The site was originally home to Philadelphia's old cathedral. A mosque was built there in the seventh century, and rebuilt in 1924 in the Ottoman style. It is one of Amman's more impressive mosques, and an important gathering spot in Wasit Al Balad. Even if you don't go...
The Beirut National Museum can be traced back to Raymond Weill, a French officer stationed in Lebanon during World War II. During his time here, he began collecting ancient artifacts. In 1923, a committee was created to create a permanent museum to house these and other antiquities. Construction began in 1930 and was completed in 1937. By the time the civil war began, the museum had assembled ...
This landmark is worth a visit. It’s located half way in between the tip and foot of Mount Sinai. It’s considered as one of the very famous religious monuments. There are no specific timings to visit the place. A small fee is charged for the visit....