This information can be obtained by either visiting the web sites of the major monuments or by googling the term “tour operators” along with the name of the city.
At the visitor center, one can book half or full day tours. Generally speaking, the half day tours cover sightseeing highlights.
1. Mike's Garden Tours (tel./fax 09/846-5350;
2. Tamaki Hikoi (tel. 0800/282-552 in NZ) – walking tour of the Maori area.
3. Bush & Beach (tel. 09/837-4130)– coastal experience tour.
4. Potiki Adventures (tel. 0800/692-3836 in NZ). – specializes in Maori tours.
5. Fullers Auckland, Ferry Building, Quay Street (tel. 09/367-9111)- water tours.
6. The Pride of Auckland, at the National Maritime Museum, Quay Street (tel. 09/373-4557;) offers a dinner cruise.
7. Soren Larsen (tel. 0800/767-365 in NZ, or 09/817-8799;), for tall ship tours available December through February.
8. Sail New Zealand (tel. 0800/397-567 in NZ, or 09/359-5987;),
9. Island Escape Cruises (tel. 09/358-1717; ) for longer cruises.
Town Hall, located in the Fort area has been influenced by Greek and Roman architecture and is one of the heritage buildings of Mumbai. The massive pillared edifice with eight Doric pillars is impressive. A flight of 30 steps leads to the portico. The building has wooden floors, spiral staircases, wrought iron loggias and exquisite marble statues of late benefactors of the island city. It houses t...
This cathedral is worth stopping over at as it will give visitors a good idea of the history of Shanghai and the phase particularly during which it underwent European colonization. The cathedral dates back to 1910 and was opened by the Jesuits. Nearby is the grave of an official belonging to the Ming Dynasty who had converted to Catholicism when Jesuit missionaries had visited China during the 16t...
1.Melbourne Aquarium The ocean is an enchanting place with vibrancy in life which varies from clime to clime and geographical area adding a certain mystery to the wonders of the sea. Australia which by virtue of its location is home to some of the most wonderful sea life found anywhere in the world. And although many of us would love to see it first hand, that is not always possible. Thi...
Central Park. With its lovely carousel, a zoo, two ice-skating rinks, and numerous playgrounds and ball fields, Central Park is a children's wonderland. Bronx Zoo Wildlife Conservation Park. This is one of the great zoos in the world -- and you don't have to be a kid to love it. Intrepid Sea-Air-Space Museum. Climbing through a retired battleship beats the playground any day. With real planes ...