This information can be obtained by either visiting the web sites of the major monuments or by googling the term “tour operators” along with the name of the city.
At the visitor center, one can book half or full day tours. Generally speaking, the half day tours cover sightseeing highlights.
1. Mike's Garden Tours (tel./fax 09/846-5350;
2. Tamaki Hikoi (tel. 0800/282-552 in NZ) – walking tour of the Maori area.
3. Bush & Beach (tel. 09/837-4130)– coastal experience tour.
4. Potiki Adventures (tel. 0800/692-3836 in NZ). – specializes in Maori tours.
5. Fullers Auckland, Ferry Building, Quay Street (tel. 09/367-9111)- water tours.
6. The Pride of Auckland, at the National Maritime Museum, Quay Street (tel. 09/373-4557;) offers a dinner cruise.
7. Soren Larsen (tel. 0800/767-365 in NZ, or 09/817-8799;), for tall ship tours available December through February.
8. Sail New Zealand (tel. 0800/397-567 in NZ, or 09/359-5987;),
9. Island Escape Cruises (tel. 09/358-1717; ) for longer cruises.
At the nexus of science, technology, and entertainment, the Montreal Science Center is a great destination for families. There are seven permanent exhibitions and several temporary exhibitions. Science 26 offers 26 hands-on stations showcasing everyday science, one for each letter of the alphabet. Mission Gaia is all about sustainable development and the environment. Cargo ...
Visiting Thulhaadhoo is important because this is where the traditional art of incised lacquer decoration is widely produced. Thulhaadhoo is the only island in Maldives doing lacquer work and many people come here to watch trained artists at work. This island is one of the inhabited islands of Baa Atoll and has been reclaimed by the government recently. Rasdhoo Madivaru For a thrilling scub...
This is a popular spot for both tourists and the younger crowd, where Russian Market stores can be found selling cheap watches, T-shirts, DVDs, clothes, slippers and the like. Location: Corner of Hai Ba Trung and Nguyen Du, District 1 ...
The biggest attraction for families is the Frankfurt Zoo. Located in the Ostend, it attracts quite a crowd on Sundays and public holidays. With 4,500 animals of over 400 species, the Zoo promises lots to see on its extensive and well-maintained 11-hectare grounds. Admission fees: adults 8 Euros and children 4 Euros. Opening times: 10 am- 7pm in summer. 10am-5pm...