This information can be obtained by either visiting the web sites of the major monuments or by googling the term “tour operators” along with the name of the city.
At the visitor center, one can book half or full day tours. Generally speaking, the half day tours cover sightseeing highlights.
1. Mike's Garden Tours (tel./fax 09/846-5350;
2. Tamaki Hikoi (tel. 0800/282-552 in NZ) – walking tour of the Maori area.
3. Bush & Beach (tel. 09/837-4130)– coastal experience tour.
4. Potiki Adventures (tel. 0800/692-3836 in NZ). – specializes in Maori tours.
5. Fullers Auckland, Ferry Building, Quay Street (tel. 09/367-9111)- water tours.
6. The Pride of Auckland, at the National Maritime Museum, Quay Street (tel. 09/373-4557;) offers a dinner cruise.
7. Soren Larsen (tel. 0800/767-365 in NZ, or 09/817-8799;), for tall ship tours available December through February.
8. Sail New Zealand (tel. 0800/397-567 in NZ, or 09/359-5987;),
9. Island Escape Cruises (tel. 09/358-1717; ) for longer cruises.
Saint Bartholomew’s Cathedral is the largest gothic cathedral in Frankfurt at 95 meters tall. First constructed in the 14th and 15th centuries, the cathedral has seen the crowning of the kings of the Holy Roman Empire and of German emperors. In 1867, it was destroyed by a fire and rebuilt, then suffered extensive damages during World War II, but was reconstructed again in the 1950s. Address: ...
The Helengeli Island Resort has one of the finest house reefs, making it an ideal place for divers and snorkelers. It is located on an island with a spectacular house reef and a white sandy beach bordered by a magnificent blue lagoon. Helengeli offers a variety of culinary delights at its comfortable restaurants. The resort arranges excursions to inhabited local islands to give you the unique oppo...
Opened in 1999, this museum is undoubtedly one of the top sites in Riyadh. The museum is infused with the latest technology and is very accessible to visitors, with almost everything available in English. There are a vast number of video presentations and mini-theatres for the dedicated museum enthusiast to spend an entire day doing virtual tours of Madain Salih or watching re-enactments of the Pr...
The UK’s iteration of Legoland is located just outside the town of Windsor, about 35km west of London. It opened in 1996, and is the third most visited theme park in the UK, with more than 1.8 million visitors each year. Legoland features rides, Lego displays, and building workshops, all aimed at children. It is also expensive and crowded. It is a good attraction for kids...