This information can be obtained by either visiting the web sites of the major monuments or by googling the term “tour operators” along with the name of the city.
At the visitor center, one can book half or full day tours. Generally speaking, the half day tours cover sightseeing highlights.
1. Mike's Garden Tours (tel./fax 09/846-5350;
2. Tamaki Hikoi (tel. 0800/282-552 in NZ) – walking tour of the Maori area.
3. Bush & Beach (tel. 09/837-4130)– coastal experience tour.
4. Potiki Adventures (tel. 0800/692-3836 in NZ). – specializes in Maori tours.
5. Fullers Auckland, Ferry Building, Quay Street (tel. 09/367-9111)- water tours.
6. The Pride of Auckland, at the National Maritime Museum, Quay Street (tel. 09/373-4557;) offers a dinner cruise.
7. Soren Larsen (tel. 0800/767-365 in NZ, or 09/817-8799;), for tall ship tours available December through February.
8. Sail New Zealand (tel. 0800/397-567 in NZ, or 09/359-5987;),
9. Island Escape Cruises (tel. 09/358-1717; ) for longer cruises.
The Le Meridien Pyramids's children's area offers pint-sized chairs and tables along with a children's paddling pool, a special children's menu, and coloring books and crayons. These facilities are available for both hotel guests and non-guests. Le Meridien Pyramids Alexandria Desert Road PO Box 25 Pyramids, Giza Tel: +20 2 383 0383 ...
Medeu Ice Skating Rink Address: Medeu Ice Skating Rink, 15 km southeast of downtown Almaty (30 minutes car drive, 45 minutes by bus) Phone: + 7 (727) 271 6211 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: http://medey.kz/en/ The city’s iconic Olympic sized skating rink, claimed to be the largest speed-skating rink in the world! The rink, sitting 1700 meters above sea-level, has trained world-cl...
The Natural History Museum in London is home to over 70 million life and earth science specimens that fit under five collections: botany, entomology, mineralogy, paleontology and zoology. Some of the specimens at the museum were collected by Charles Darwin himself, so it’s a great place to visit if you want to learn more about the natural sciences. There are several workshop areas for chil...
Situated near the abra (water taxi) station, Dubai’s first office building, built in 1934, has been restored to house a popular museum depicting Dubai’s traditional fishing and maritime history and culture. On the other side of Dubai Creek is the Burj Nahar, one of the three watchtowers which were used to guard Dubai. Set amongst beautiful gardens, Burj Nahar is a fine example of old Arabian archi...