This information can be obtained by either visiting the web sites of the major monuments or by googling the term “tour operators” along with the name of the city.
At the visitor center, one can book half or full day tours. Generally speaking, the half day tours cover sightseeing highlights.
1. Mike's Garden Tours (tel./fax 09/846-5350;
2. Tamaki Hikoi (tel. 0800/282-552 in NZ) – walking tour of the Maori area.
3. Bush & Beach (tel. 09/837-4130)– coastal experience tour.
4. Potiki Adventures (tel. 0800/692-3836 in NZ). – specializes in Maori tours.
5. Fullers Auckland, Ferry Building, Quay Street (tel. 09/367-9111)- water tours.
6. The Pride of Auckland, at the National Maritime Museum, Quay Street (tel. 09/373-4557;) offers a dinner cruise.
7. Soren Larsen (tel. 0800/767-365 in NZ, or 09/817-8799;), for tall ship tours available December through February.
8. Sail New Zealand (tel. 0800/397-567 in NZ, or 09/359-5987;),
9. Island Escape Cruises (tel. 09/358-1717; ) for longer cruises.
If you’re looking for a quiet place that is also the biggest subtropical garden in the world then Roma St Parkland is the place to go. Broken up in 16 precincts, you’ll find all sorts of flora: lilies, native gardens, rockeries. You’ll also find works by local artists among the nature as well as an outdoor theatre and lots of public BBQs so you can partake in the Australian picnic tradition. ...
The bonde (tram) that travels from Centro up to Saint Teresa is the last of the original historic streetcars that once went thought the city. The bonde travels over the Arcos do Lapa and up Rua Joaquim Murtinho before reaching Largo do Guimaraes. From there one line takes a north-western route before terminating at Largo das Neves. There is a longer route which continues Largo do Guimaraes uphill ...
An indoor facility that contains swimming pools and plunge pools for adults, children and non-swimmers alike, Panoramabad is a good place to be if you are travelling with children and want to accompany them for a fun and engaging activity. Opening times are 6am-8pm Monday, Wednesday-Saturday, 6pm-9pm Sunday. Address: Inheidener Straße 60 Frankfurt HE 60385, Germany Phone: +49 69 46...
the building itself is closed to visitors (very rarely, the museum is opened between the 1st and 10th of February) but the southern walls contain interesting murals and finding out about its history can be fascinating. The building is now used by the military so do not take any photos in the vicinity. It is located at the corner of Taleqani and Mofatteh streets and is right next to the Taleqani me...