This information can be obtained by either visiting the web sites of the major monuments or by googling the term “tour operators” along with the name of the city.
At the visitor center, one can book half or full day tours. Generally speaking, the half day tours cover sightseeing highlights.
1. Mike's Garden Tours (tel./fax 09/846-5350;
2. Tamaki Hikoi (tel. 0800/282-552 in NZ) – walking tour of the Maori area.
3. Bush & Beach (tel. 09/837-4130)– coastal experience tour.
4. Potiki Adventures (tel. 0800/692-3836 in NZ). – specializes in Maori tours.
5. Fullers Auckland, Ferry Building, Quay Street (tel. 09/367-9111)- water tours.
6. The Pride of Auckland, at the National Maritime Museum, Quay Street (tel. 09/373-4557;) offers a dinner cruise.
7. Soren Larsen (tel. 0800/767-365 in NZ, or 09/817-8799;), for tall ship tours available December through February.
8. Sail New Zealand (tel. 0800/397-567 in NZ, or 09/359-5987;),
9. Island Escape Cruises (tel. 09/358-1717; ) for longer cruises.
Address: Allameh Majlesi Street, old city center Timings: open daily 8am to 11am, 1pm to 5pm Tickets: IRR 5000 The mosque that defined the old center of Isfahan, the Jameh Mosque stands today as grand and as functional as it did when it was the only prominent mosque in the city, about a millennium ago. It speaks of the very rudimentary themes of Islamic architecture, which gained mo...
The western suburbs of the city, Västerort, are home to the Bromma Airport, and Kista which is the Swedish center for information technology and contains the tallest office building of the country, the Kista Science Tower, and a shopping mall, the Kistagallerian. It is also home to one of the first planned suburbs in the continent, known as Vällingby. ...
The 1000 years old brick bell tower is 325 feet tall, excluding the angel. It suddenly collapsed in 1902, crushing with it Jacopo Sansovino's 16th century marble loggia at the foundation. The loggia was immediately restored, and the tower was rebuilt according to the old plan and was opened for public in 1912. In the 15th century this tower was used to punish clerics found guilty of immoral behavi...
This cathedral is worth stopping over at as it will give visitors a good idea of the history of Shanghai and the phase particularly during which it underwent European colonization. The cathedral dates back to 1910 and was opened by the Jesuits. Nearby is the grave of an official belonging to the Ming Dynasty who had converted to Catholicism when Jesuit missionaries had visited China during the 16t...