This information can be obtained by either visiting the web sites of the major monuments or by googling the term “tour operators” along with the name of the city.
At the visitor center, one can book half or full day tours. Generally speaking, the half day tours cover sightseeing highlights.
1. Mike's Garden Tours (tel./fax 09/846-5350;
2. Tamaki Hikoi (tel. 0800/282-552 in NZ) – walking tour of the Maori area.
3. Bush & Beach (tel. 09/837-4130)– coastal experience tour.
4. Potiki Adventures (tel. 0800/692-3836 in NZ). – specializes in Maori tours.
5. Fullers Auckland, Ferry Building, Quay Street (tel. 09/367-9111)- water tours.
6. The Pride of Auckland, at the National Maritime Museum, Quay Street (tel. 09/373-4557;) offers a dinner cruise.
7. Soren Larsen (tel. 0800/767-365 in NZ, or 09/817-8799;), for tall ship tours available December through February.
8. Sail New Zealand (tel. 0800/397-567 in NZ, or 09/359-5987;),
9. Island Escape Cruises (tel. 09/358-1717; ) for longer cruises.
This is a favorite location for the locals of Nice to come and relax and is one of the most famous market places in the city. It is a pedestrian zone with cafes and restaurants lining both sides of the street. There is a flower and fruits and vegetables market here every Tuesday to Sunday. On Mondays, an antiques fair is held at this venue and during the summer you can visit an arts and crafts m...
Paris is a great place for kids as there is so much for them to see and learn. Visits to the various museums such as the Doll Museum or the Museum of Magic would be a special treat for kids, and they would specially love to see the waxworks held at the Wax Museum in the city. Once those museums have been visited, they could try out the circuses. Traditional circuses are ever present in the city th...
The American University of Beirut (AUB) was founded in 1862 and opened in 1866 by American missionaries. It is one of the best universities in the Middle East. The beautiful campus is located along the north shore of Beirut’s peninsula. There are lots of trees and shrubs, and it has even been declared a bird sanctuary. A visitor’s center is located in the Main Gate House on Bliss Street. Here...
Istiklal Avenue is Istanbul's answer to the Champs Elysees in Paris or Fifth Avenue in New York. It's home to the city's best shopping, fine dining, and beautiful architecture. Just about every major international fashion label has an outlet here. Day and night, Istiklal Avenue is always crowded. The city's best night life is located here too. Istiklal Avenue's western...