Place Mohammed V was originally known as Place de France when it was laid out in 1920 after which it was called Place des Nations Allies after WWII. This magnificent square is undoubtedly the heart of the city. It is in fact the seat of the administrative centre of Casablanca. It has the post office, Palace of Justice, the French Consulate and the bank of Morocco all set around a central fountain. The vicinity is filled with cafes and souvenir shops making it a place frequently visited by tourists and residents alike. At night the place comes alive with lights.
Address: Place Mohammed V, Casablanca