This information can be obtained by either visiting the web sites of the major monuments or by googling the term “tour operators” along with the name of the city.
At the visitor center, one can book half or full day tours. Generally speaking, the half day tours cover sightseeing highlights.
1. Mike's Garden Tours (tel./fax 09/846-5350;
2. Tamaki Hikoi (tel. 0800/282-552 in NZ) – walking tour of the Maori area.
3. Bush & Beach (tel. 09/837-4130)– coastal experience tour.
4. Potiki Adventures (tel. 0800/692-3836 in NZ). – specializes in Maori tours.
5. Fullers Auckland, Ferry Building, Quay Street (tel. 09/367-9111)- water tours.
6. The Pride of Auckland, at the National Maritime Museum, Quay Street (tel. 09/373-4557;) offers a dinner cruise.
7. Soren Larsen (tel. 0800/767-365 in NZ, or 09/817-8799;), for tall ship tours available December through February.
8. Sail New Zealand (tel. 0800/397-567 in NZ, or 09/359-5987;),
9. Island Escape Cruises (tel. 09/358-1717; ) for longer cruises.
The largest museum in Bahrain, the National Museum is a must-see for history enthusiasts; it is a goldmine of archaeological discoveries and Bahraini cultural relics. The Museum contains most remarkably, an entire dug up tomb as well as intricately carved seals and Sumerian, Babylonian, and Assyrian writing that assert Bahrain’s trading history. Other treasures include; the dioramas of Bahraini cr...
Formally known as Frederik's German Church, the Christians Kirke is a famous tourist attraction in the Christianshavn District of Copenhagen. It is famous for its architecture and interior. Constructed in the 1617s by D. G. Anthon, the tower is approximately 70 meters high resting on a granite platform. The yellow bricked building gleams like gold in the sun and attracts many Christian as well as ...
This church is one of the landmarks of Munich. It has a late Gothic nave from the 15th century and its interior is decorated with works of art spanning over five centuries. Frauenplatz 1 Tel: (089) 290 0820 ...
Address: Kelisa Street, Jolfa neighborhood Phone: +98 311 624 3471 Timings: 8am to 1230pm, 2pm to 530pm Tickets: adults IRR 30000, students IRR 16000 This grand cathedral was constructed by Armenian immigrants from the Turk lands some three centuries ago, who sought refuge in Iran after escaping persecution at the hands of the Ottomans. They were allotted land near the Jolfa a...