This information can be obtained by either visiting the web sites of the major monuments or by googling the term “tour operators” along with the name of the city.
At the visitor center, one can book half or full day tours. Generally speaking, the half day tours cover sightseeing highlights.
1. Mike's Garden Tours (tel./fax 09/846-5350;
2. Tamaki Hikoi (tel. 0800/282-552 in NZ) – walking tour of the Maori area.
3. Bush & Beach (tel. 09/837-4130)– coastal experience tour.
4. Potiki Adventures (tel. 0800/692-3836 in NZ). – specializes in Maori tours.
5. Fullers Auckland, Ferry Building, Quay Street (tel. 09/367-9111)- water tours.
6. The Pride of Auckland, at the National Maritime Museum, Quay Street (tel. 09/373-4557;) offers a dinner cruise.
7. Soren Larsen (tel. 0800/767-365 in NZ, or 09/817-8799;), for tall ship tours available December through February.
8. Sail New Zealand (tel. 0800/397-567 in NZ, or 09/359-5987;),
9. Island Escape Cruises (tel. 09/358-1717; ) for longer cruises.
The Roman city of Beirut met a traumatic end in the sixth century after a series of devastating earthquakes. As a result, there is little evidence of the city’s glorious Roman period. What little remains are concentrated Downtown. In front of the Parliament building stand four corniced columns, discovered in 1968. A strand of five more columns stand to the left of the St. George Maronite ...
Bali Safari & Marine Park Hop on to a jungle safari with your children and witness lions, tigers, elephants and zebras in their natural habitat. The Marine park is currently under construction and should be up and running soon. You can either make a day trip or stay overnight in the safari area. Opening Hours: 9:00 am to 5:00 pm (weekdays) and 8:30 am to 5:00 pm (weekends and holidays) ...
North Delhi is known as a residential area home to the Delhi University and India's middle class. Unless you are visiting relatives or friends who live here, there is nothing spectacular about North Delhi. ...
When the Hailingwang Emperor of the Jin Dynasty moved the capital back to Beijing, he needed a new palace to escape the sweltering summers. The site he chose was on Gold Mountain (now Longevity Hill), about 12km northwest of Beijing. The Qianlong Emperor of the Qing Dynasty renovated the palace and the gardens in the 18th century. Kunming Lake was expanded to resemble the famous West Lake in Ha...