This information can be obtained by either visiting the web sites of the major monuments or by googling the term “tour operators” along with the name of the city.
At the visitor center, one can book half or full day tours. Generally speaking, the half day tours cover sightseeing highlights.
1. Mike's Garden Tours (tel./fax 09/846-5350;
2. Tamaki Hikoi (tel. 0800/282-552 in NZ) – walking tour of the Maori area.
3. Bush & Beach (tel. 09/837-4130)– coastal experience tour.
4. Potiki Adventures (tel. 0800/692-3836 in NZ). – specializes in Maori tours.
5. Fullers Auckland, Ferry Building, Quay Street (tel. 09/367-9111)- water tours.
6. The Pride of Auckland, at the National Maritime Museum, Quay Street (tel. 09/373-4557;) offers a dinner cruise.
7. Soren Larsen (tel. 0800/767-365 in NZ, or 09/817-8799;), for tall ship tours available December through February.
8. Sail New Zealand (tel. 0800/397-567 in NZ, or 09/359-5987;),
9. Island Escape Cruises (tel. 09/358-1717; ) for longer cruises.
The Agora is the most renowned of Athens sites. It dates back to 6 th century B.C. It was the political, administrative, economic and social center of ancient Greece. It is famed as the market place where Socrates asked passers-by philosophical questions and conducted many dialogues penned down by his student Plato. It is also well-known as being the area where Socrates was made to drink hemlock f...
Address: city center, Sana'a If you are into history and culture but not really into museums, the University can offer you a more interesting alternative to walking clueless down long corridors of museum exhibits. A varied, more interactive approach to learning about the city, with a welcoming staff, a number of specialized libraries, and interesting exhibits housing mummies, handicrafts, and t...
The largest museum in Bahrain, the National Museum is a must-see for history enthusiasts; it is a goldmine of archaeological discoveries and Bahraini cultural relics. The Museum contains most remarkably, an entire dug up tomb as well as intricately carved seals and Sumerian, Babylonian, and Assyrian writing that assert Bahrain’s trading history. Other treasures include; the dioramas of Bahraini cr...
Address: between Gogol Street and Qazybek Bi Street, downtown Almaty. Take bus # 63 & 94, tram # 4 & 6, and trolleybus # 1, 11, & 12. A large rectangular park named in honor of the 28th Panfilov Battalion, a regiment of 28 brave troops from Kazakhstan, under their leader General Panfilov, who valiantly guarded Moscow during the Second World War. It contains a large memorial sculpture to pay h...