This information can be obtained by either visiting the web sites of the major monuments or by googling the term “tour operators” along with the name of the city.
At the visitor center, one can book half or full day tours. Generally speaking, the half day tours cover sightseeing highlights.
1. Mike's Garden Tours (tel./fax 09/846-5350;
2. Tamaki Hikoi (tel. 0800/282-552 in NZ) – walking tour of the Maori area.
3. Bush & Beach (tel. 09/837-4130)– coastal experience tour.
4. Potiki Adventures (tel. 0800/692-3836 in NZ). – specializes in Maori tours.
5. Fullers Auckland, Ferry Building, Quay Street (tel. 09/367-9111)- water tours.
6. The Pride of Auckland, at the National Maritime Museum, Quay Street (tel. 09/373-4557;) offers a dinner cruise.
7. Soren Larsen (tel. 0800/767-365 in NZ, or 09/817-8799;), for tall ship tours available December through February.
8. Sail New Zealand (tel. 0800/397-567 in NZ, or 09/359-5987;),
9. Island Escape Cruises (tel. 09/358-1717; ) for longer cruises.
Address: south side of the Naqsh e Jahan Square Timings: 8am to 1130am, 1230pm to sunset, closed on Fridays Tickets: IRR 4000 The most authentic expression of Safavid architecture, and one of the most beautiful pieces of art that the Safavid Empire contributed to the Islamic world, is the Imam Mosque, also known as the Shah Mosque. Constructed between 1611 and 1638, the mosque is a...
Located on the south bank of the River Liffey, the Temple Bar area is one of the the most popular spots in Dublin. Temple Bar was one of Dublin's nicest neighborhoods in the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries. Many of the city's elite lived here, but starting in the nineteenth century, the area went in to a steep decline. It quickly became one of London's most derelict neighbor...
the seat of government in Berlin. Built in 1894, this building has had several political scuffles and has been on the world stage so many times. Most notably, the reunification of Germany was enacted here in October 1990. The tourist crowds can be annoying so visit early or late if you wish to avoid them. Guided tours can be arranged. Telephone: 22732152 ...
Visitors can find some rare and exotic cars at this museum including a hand-made Bugatti. The Hollywood Gallery showcases the cars that were used in films as well as vehicles owned by famous people. Address: 6060 Wilshire Drive (at Fairfax) Tel: (323) 930 2277/CARS. Website: www.petersen.org ...