This information can be obtained by either visiting the web sites of the major monuments or by googling the term “tour operators” along with the name of the city.
At the visitor center, one can book half or full day tours. Generally speaking, the half day tours cover sightseeing highlights.
1. Mike's Garden Tours (tel./fax 09/846-5350;
2. Tamaki Hikoi (tel. 0800/282-552 in NZ) – walking tour of the Maori area.
3. Bush & Beach (tel. 09/837-4130)– coastal experience tour.
4. Potiki Adventures (tel. 0800/692-3836 in NZ). – specializes in Maori tours.
5. Fullers Auckland, Ferry Building, Quay Street (tel. 09/367-9111)- water tours.
6. The Pride of Auckland, at the National Maritime Museum, Quay Street (tel. 09/373-4557;) offers a dinner cruise.
7. Soren Larsen (tel. 0800/767-365 in NZ, or 09/817-8799;), for tall ship tours available December through February.
8. Sail New Zealand (tel. 0800/397-567 in NZ, or 09/359-5987;),
9. Island Escape Cruises (tel. 09/358-1717; ) for longer cruises.
The amphitheater in downtown Amman is the most magnificent remnant of Amman's Roman past. It was built around 170AD at the height of the Roman empire, when Amman was known as Philadelphia. The capacity is upwards of 6,000. Amphitheaters were the heart of Roman civic life. Citizens would gather there to watch plays and discuss politics. The Nymphaeum, an impressive Rom...
What better way to spend the day than to make a trip to the Dublin Zoo, spread over 60 acres and divided into different regions like the Artic zone, plains of Africa and the Indian Rainforest. It houses elephants, tigers, orangutans, chimpanzees, giraffes and many more exotic and endangered species. The zoo is definitely family friendly with rest stops, nursing stations, food outlets and kiosks. K...
Fushifaru Thila, one of the many sites of the Fushifaru region, is a picturesque diving site. The sea here is calm but there’s a lot of movement happening underneath with fabulous coral and fish species. The thila is nearly 250 m long and 30 m wide, with the reef sides sloping gently from the reef-top at 10 to 15 m to the atoll bed at 30 m, the top of the thila is the best part of the site with ex...
The best place to be if you're a kid is at the palaces as there is just so much to see which is of interest to kids. Whether it's the turtles and gold fishes at the small ponds, or it's a visit to the museums, children will love it all. The Samsung Kids Museum is sure to get the kids excited about the visit to this superb city and the fireworks festivals are sure to light up their day. The Childre...