The building of this museum was constructed in 1906 by Victor Stefanescu and has been declared an architectural monument because of its style and class. It was first built as part of the project of the Romanian Geology Institute and was later given an independent status. Today the collection in the museum is so varied that it houses about 80,000 samples of rock, minerals and fossils dating back to ancient times.
Address: Şoseaua Kiseleff, nr. 2, Bucharest