This information can be obtained by either visiting the web sites of the major monuments or by googling the term “tour operators” along with the name of the city.
At the visitor center, one can book half or full day tours. Generally speaking, the half day tours cover sightseeing highlights.
1. Mike's Garden Tours (tel./fax 09/846-5350;
2. Tamaki Hikoi (tel. 0800/282-552 in NZ) – walking tour of the Maori area.
3. Bush & Beach (tel. 09/837-4130)– coastal experience tour.
4. Potiki Adventures (tel. 0800/692-3836 in NZ). – specializes in Maori tours.
5. Fullers Auckland, Ferry Building, Quay Street (tel. 09/367-9111)- water tours.
6. The Pride of Auckland, at the National Maritime Museum, Quay Street (tel. 09/373-4557;) offers a dinner cruise.
7. Soren Larsen (tel. 0800/767-365 in NZ, or 09/817-8799;), for tall ship tours available December through February.
8. Sail New Zealand (tel. 0800/397-567 in NZ, or 09/359-5987;),
9. Island Escape Cruises (tel. 09/358-1717; ) for longer cruises.
The Red sea Corniche offers a spectacular view of the sea, lined with the shopping street you can get good bargain of gold at the Gold souk, in the Tahliya. You can also witness the breathtaking King Fahd Fountain which throws colored water up in the air. It is recommended to see this at night as the view is spectacular at that time. ...
This street market is one of the most popular in the whole of Holland. Started in 1903, this market now has over 300 stalls on both sides of the street. These stalls sell everything from clothes, cosmetics and chocolates to fruit, fish and vegetables. The market is a good place to test your bargaining skills. The market is open from 9.30 am to 5 pm, Monday to Saturday. Due to bad weather during wi...
Just 25 km southeast of the city, Can Gio is a mangrove forest with natural, untouched beauty. The 75,000 hectares have a wealth of animal and plant species and a wildlife museum and monkey sanctuary. For nature enthusiasts, Can Gio is a worthwhile trip, though it’s more of a retreat for locals than a popular tourist destination. &n...
The Old Eastern Gate of the city, though not as impressive as Namdaemun, it is still a good site to check out just so you can tell your friends that you've visited so many places. The nearby Dongdaemun Market is much more attractive though! ...