This information can be obtained by either visiting the web sites of the major monuments or by googling the term “tour operators” along with the name of the city.
At the visitor center, one can book half or full day tours. Generally speaking, the half day tours cover sightseeing highlights.
1. Mike's Garden Tours (tel./fax 09/846-5350;
2. Tamaki Hikoi (tel. 0800/282-552 in NZ) – walking tour of the Maori area.
3. Bush & Beach (tel. 09/837-4130)– coastal experience tour.
4. Potiki Adventures (tel. 0800/692-3836 in NZ). – specializes in Maori tours.
5. Fullers Auckland, Ferry Building, Quay Street (tel. 09/367-9111)- water tours.
6. The Pride of Auckland, at the National Maritime Museum, Quay Street (tel. 09/373-4557;) offers a dinner cruise.
7. Soren Larsen (tel. 0800/767-365 in NZ, or 09/817-8799;), for tall ship tours available December through February.
8. Sail New Zealand (tel. 0800/397-567 in NZ, or 09/359-5987;),
9. Island Escape Cruises (tel. 09/358-1717; ) for longer cruises.
Malahide Castle is one of the oldest in Ireland. The estate was founded 1185 for Richard Talbot, a knight who came to Ireland with Henry II during the Norman invasion. The Talbot family would continue to live on the estate until 1975, barring the 1650s during Cromwell's occupation of Ireland (the interlopers were subsequently hanged). Construction on the castle began in the mid-t...
‘Alhamra’ literally means a woman in red clothes. This building is made up of red bricks, earning the same impression. The architect was Nayyar Ali Dada and this complex has been admired for its superb architecture, even receiving an award for it. It is a venue for many art exhibitions, theatrical shows and musical concerts. It also acts as a training centre offering courses in various arts ...
The Rietburg Museum is located in the middle of a 17 acre park, Rieterpark, in central Zurich. The park was bought by the city of Zurich in the 1940s. The collection is housed in the Wesendonck Villa, a mid-nineteenth century mansion built for industrialist Otto Wesendonck. It was also home to Richard Wagner. The beautiful Neo-classical villa was designed by Swiss architect...
The huge tent, which is a permanent fixture at the northern end of Lenin Park, is home to Hanoi's Central Circus. Shows are held Wednesday through Saturday at 8pm and on Sunday mornings at 9am. The Sunday morning show is held with children in mind, and is a popular Sunday activity with residents of Hanoi. Address: Lenin Park, Hai Ba Trung District ...