This information can be obtained by either visiting the web sites of the major monuments or by googling the term “tour operators” along with the name of the city.
At the visitor center, one can book half or full day tours. Generally speaking, the half day tours cover sightseeing highlights.
1. Mike's Garden Tours (tel./fax 09/846-5350;
2. Tamaki Hikoi (tel. 0800/282-552 in NZ) – walking tour of the Maori area.
3. Bush & Beach (tel. 09/837-4130)– coastal experience tour.
4. Potiki Adventures (tel. 0800/692-3836 in NZ). – specializes in Maori tours.
5. Fullers Auckland, Ferry Building, Quay Street (tel. 09/367-9111)- water tours.
6. The Pride of Auckland, at the National Maritime Museum, Quay Street (tel. 09/373-4557;) offers a dinner cruise.
7. Soren Larsen (tel. 0800/767-365 in NZ, or 09/817-8799;), for tall ship tours available December through February.
8. Sail New Zealand (tel. 0800/397-567 in NZ, or 09/359-5987;),
9. Island Escape Cruises (tel. 09/358-1717; ) for longer cruises.
The site is renowned for having the highest water spring in Bahrain. This spring was found by a Danish Expedition in 1954 and is said to date back to the Dilmun Period i.e.: 2000 B.C. Evidence depicts that the people of that time worshipped the spring water as they thought the water brought them fertility.Timings: Anytime Address: Northeastern side of Diraz village ...
Though there is no known exact date of construction, the timeline of the Arad Fort is roughly the 15th century. Made in the typically Arab manner, the fort has been thoroughly refurbished and is a truly awe-inspiring sight when it is lit up at night.It is thought that the fort was used by the Omanis during their short occupation of Bahrain in 1800. It was deliberately built next to the waterways b...
The zoo houses a wide variety of caged animals some of them for conservation purposes due to their alarmingly diminishing number which includes species of polar bear and pygmy hippos. Special area for children has also been designed where they are able to interact with tame animals and serve them with different edibles at the same time. 80 Mandai Lake Road, Singapore Telephone: +95 ...
Harry Potter fans can not miss this! Platform 9 ¾ at King’s Cross Station is where the legendary Hogwarts Express departs on its journey to the magical world of Hogwarts. Unfortunately, the platform isn't accessible to us muggles. We're left to stare at the platform 9 ¾ signboard and imagine what lies beyond! A massive redevelopment program has changed the look and feel of the Kin...