This information can be obtained by either visiting the web sites of the major monuments or by googling the term “tour operators” along with the name of the city.
At the visitor center, one can book half or full day tours. Generally speaking, the half day tours cover sightseeing highlights.
1. Mike's Garden Tours (tel./fax 09/846-5350;
2. Tamaki Hikoi (tel. 0800/282-552 in NZ) – walking tour of the Maori area.
3. Bush & Beach (tel. 09/837-4130)– coastal experience tour.
4. Potiki Adventures (tel. 0800/692-3836 in NZ). – specializes in Maori tours.
5. Fullers Auckland, Ferry Building, Quay Street (tel. 09/367-9111)- water tours.
6. The Pride of Auckland, at the National Maritime Museum, Quay Street (tel. 09/373-4557;) offers a dinner cruise.
7. Soren Larsen (tel. 0800/767-365 in NZ, or 09/817-8799;), for tall ship tours available December through February.
8. Sail New Zealand (tel. 0800/397-567 in NZ, or 09/359-5987;),
9. Island Escape Cruises (tel. 09/358-1717; ) for longer cruises.
As New York City’s population expanded in the 1800s, it became clear that something needed to be done to address the lack of green space. Consequently, a 770 acre (it was later expanded) chunk of land between 59th St. and 110th St. was set aside for development as a park in the 1850s. Frederick Law Olmsted, the famous landscaper, was commissioned to design and build the park. I...
Ca' Rezzonico is a beautiful palace on the Grand Canal and is most famous for being the final home of English poet Robert Browning, after the death of his wife Elizabeth Barrett Browning. It was reopened in 2001 after a complete restoration. This museum shows the general public the lifestyle in a luxurious Venetian home in the concluding years of the Venetian Republic. Initiated by Baldassare Long...
The StarDome Observatory has an area for Maori archaeological site. ...
Wicker Park is located northwest of the Loop, on the west side of the Kennedy Expressway. It was built up after the Great Chicago Fire, as displaced residents and immigrants from Scandinavia and Germany streamed in. A lot of the original architecture remains. The John Rapp House at 1407 North Hoyne Street, and the Holy Trinity Cathedral at 1121 Levvitt Street were both designed b...