This information can be obtained by either visiting the web sites of the major monuments or by googling the term “tour operators” along with the name of the city.
At the visitor center, one can book half or full day tours. Generally speaking, the half day tours cover sightseeing highlights.
1. Mike's Garden Tours (tel./fax 09/846-5350;
2. Tamaki Hikoi (tel. 0800/282-552 in NZ) – walking tour of the Maori area.
3. Bush & Beach (tel. 09/837-4130)– coastal experience tour.
4. Potiki Adventures (tel. 0800/692-3836 in NZ). – specializes in Maori tours.
5. Fullers Auckland, Ferry Building, Quay Street (tel. 09/367-9111)- water tours.
6. The Pride of Auckland, at the National Maritime Museum, Quay Street (tel. 09/373-4557;) offers a dinner cruise.
7. Soren Larsen (tel. 0800/767-365 in NZ, or 09/817-8799;), for tall ship tours available December through February.
8. Sail New Zealand (tel. 0800/397-567 in NZ, or 09/359-5987;),
9. Island Escape Cruises (tel. 09/358-1717; ) for longer cruises.
This house was built in 1846 and is Brisbane’s best known heritage site. Inside you’ll find period antiques, Victorian furnishings, clothes and displays. Phone: 3216 1846 Website: www.newsteadhouse.com.au Location: Breakfast Creek Road Newstead Opening Times: Mon-Thurs 10am to 4pm Admission: adult/child $6/5 ...
Purposely built on the western edge of an ancient Roman civilian settlement, this museum offers extensive exhibits on Roman life in Budapest. There is a vast collection of Roman coins and wall paintings, a replica of a 3rd century organ called a ‘hydra’ and stone sarcophagi. Across the road is the Roman Civilian Amphitheatre which, while smaller than the original thing, leaves much to the imaginat...
This museum occupies a series of buildings throughout the city. It has some of the oldest and most sacred collectables under its many roofs and tourists tend to visit exhibitions in all buildings so as not to miss out. The central building has been restored as a memory of the old town years of Helsinki. All displays and exhibitions are free of charge. Address: Sofiankatu 4 Tel: +358 9 31...
Former imperial hunting grounds for the royal family. Contains a large amusement park, known as the Volksprater ("People's Prater"), believed to be the oldest "modern" amusement park in the world, which has the much famed giant Ferris wheel ('Riesenrad'). Public entry into the Prater is free of cost while the costs of individual attractions vary from 1 euro to 10 euro. Lar...