This information can be obtained by either visiting the web sites of the major monuments or by googling the term “tour operators” along with the name of the city.
At the visitor center, one can book half or full day tours. Generally speaking, the half day tours cover sightseeing highlights.
1. Mike's Garden Tours (tel./fax 09/846-5350;
2. Tamaki Hikoi (tel. 0800/282-552 in NZ) – walking tour of the Maori area.
3. Bush & Beach (tel. 09/837-4130)– coastal experience tour.
4. Potiki Adventures (tel. 0800/692-3836 in NZ). – specializes in Maori tours.
5. Fullers Auckland, Ferry Building, Quay Street (tel. 09/367-9111)- water tours.
6. The Pride of Auckland, at the National Maritime Museum, Quay Street (tel. 09/373-4557;) offers a dinner cruise.
7. Soren Larsen (tel. 0800/767-365 in NZ, or 09/817-8799;), for tall ship tours available December through February.
8. Sail New Zealand (tel. 0800/397-567 in NZ, or 09/359-5987;),
9. Island Escape Cruises (tel. 09/358-1717; ) for longer cruises.
The Temple of Literature founded in 1070, is a temple dedicated to Confucius. Today only parts of the sprawling complex dates from this earliest period; most of the architecture that we see comes from the Ly and Tran Dynasties. Also known as Van Mieu, the Temple of Literature has undergone numerous restorations and stands as one of the few remaining examples of later Ly Dynasty (1009-1225) archite...
Address: east of Parque Central Complex The UCV is the central university in Caracas, attracting students from all over the country as well as Latin America. The campus is stunningly beautiful, being declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 2000. The architecture generally speaks of modernist themes from the 1950’s and 60’s era, but the campus is a living example of art – everywhere you go ...
Lahore Zoo was established in 1872. Located on Mall Road, it is quite popular amongst the public who often take their children to enjoy the sight of various animals. It shelters about 1300 animals - 900 birds, 40 reptiles and over 300 mammals. Its most famous inhabitant is ‘Suzi’ the elephant. Due to paucity of funds, the zoo has not been maintained very well, but it will nonetheless make an enjoy...
Major museums which attract large crowds include Hernals District History Museum, a carriage museum, and the Rettungsmuseum (museum about rescues)....