This information can be obtained by either visiting the web sites of the major monuments or by googling the term “tour operators” along with the name of the city.
At the visitor center, one can book half or full day tours. Generally speaking, the half day tours cover sightseeing highlights.
1. Mike's Garden Tours (tel./fax 09/846-5350;
2. Tamaki Hikoi (tel. 0800/282-552 in NZ) – walking tour of the Maori area.
3. Bush & Beach (tel. 09/837-4130)– coastal experience tour.
4. Potiki Adventures (tel. 0800/692-3836 in NZ). – specializes in Maori tours.
5. Fullers Auckland, Ferry Building, Quay Street (tel. 09/367-9111)- water tours.
6. The Pride of Auckland, at the National Maritime Museum, Quay Street (tel. 09/373-4557;) offers a dinner cruise.
7. Soren Larsen (tel. 0800/767-365 in NZ, or 09/817-8799;), for tall ship tours available December through February.
8. Sail New Zealand (tel. 0800/397-567 in NZ, or 09/359-5987;),
9. Island Escape Cruises (tel. 09/358-1717; ) for longer cruises.
This museum is larger than any other museum in Geneva. The Art and History Museum chronicles and catalogues a comprehensive study of western culture, from ancient to modern times, including current issues. It contains in its collection over one million pieces, classified into three separate wings of the buildings. The Archeology wing houses relics from ancient Egyptian, Greek and Roman civilizatio...
Also known as Chua Cau Dong; this magnificent, elaborately ornate temple is said to be nearly a thousand years old with some of its statues and dating back 400 years. ...
Located at Jalan Barito in South Jakarta and Jalan Pramuka in Central Jakarta, here you can find various colorful tropical birds on sale. ...
Located outside the ring road surrounding Kathmandu, this Buddhist temple is considered to be one of the definitive experiences of the city. Nicknames the ‘Monkey Temple’ given the mass of monkeys you’ll find, the compound is centred around a white stupa, topped by a spire with the painted eyes of Buddha. It is a great place to see the sun set over Kathmandu and the mystical atmosphere of ancient ...