This information can be obtained by either visiting the web sites of the major monuments or by googling the term “tour operators” along with the name of the city.
At the visitor center, one can book half or full day tours. Generally speaking, the half day tours cover sightseeing highlights.
1. Mike's Garden Tours (tel./fax 09/846-5350;
2. Tamaki Hikoi (tel. 0800/282-552 in NZ) – walking tour of the Maori area.
3. Bush & Beach (tel. 09/837-4130)– coastal experience tour.
4. Potiki Adventures (tel. 0800/692-3836 in NZ). – specializes in Maori tours.
5. Fullers Auckland, Ferry Building, Quay Street (tel. 09/367-9111)- water tours.
6. The Pride of Auckland, at the National Maritime Museum, Quay Street (tel. 09/373-4557;) offers a dinner cruise.
7. Soren Larsen (tel. 0800/767-365 in NZ, or 09/817-8799;), for tall ship tours available December through February.
8. Sail New Zealand (tel. 0800/397-567 in NZ, or 09/359-5987;),
9. Island Escape Cruises (tel. 09/358-1717; ) for longer cruises.
Beaches There are more than seven public and fifteen private beaches in Nice where you can take your kids to soak up the sun. The beaches are not sand but gravel. The public beaches are divided into two areas which are the free area and one where you can pay to rent chairs, mattresses, umbrellas and use changing rooms and showers. Cost (for use of non-free area): € 10 - €...
Located beneath the Kuala Lumpur Convention Center, this aquarium features aquatic life and animals from Malaysia and around the world. Exhibits include depictions of the Malaysian jungle, from the highlands down to the ocean. There is also a plentiful collection of reptiles, insects, amphibians, and small mammals (otters, large rodents, etc.). More than 20,000 animals from 250 d...
The Nami Jefet Memorial Library was built in 1951. Now fully updated and computerized it lists over 250,315 titles written in almost a dozen languages. The Archives Department, with material collected since the early days of the university, is a treasure house of information, chiefly about AUB and Lebanon. ...
Rich art is depicted in every alley way and intersection of Helsinki. The Three Smiths Statue is a famous sculpture carved by Felix Nylund at the intersection of the two most famous streets of Helsinki, Aleksanterinkatu and Mannerheimintie. The statue was attacked in the war in 1944 and damaged areas are still visible. Within the city, The Three Smiths is a popular meeting place for people. ...