This information can be obtained by either visiting the web sites of the major monuments or by googling the term “tour operators” along with the name of the city.
At the visitor center, one can book half or full day tours. Generally speaking, the half day tours cover sightseeing highlights.
1. Mike's Garden Tours (tel./fax 09/846-5350;
2. Tamaki Hikoi (tel. 0800/282-552 in NZ) – walking tour of the Maori area.
3. Bush & Beach (tel. 09/837-4130)– coastal experience tour.
4. Potiki Adventures (tel. 0800/692-3836 in NZ). – specializes in Maori tours.
5. Fullers Auckland, Ferry Building, Quay Street (tel. 09/367-9111)- water tours.
6. The Pride of Auckland, at the National Maritime Museum, Quay Street (tel. 09/373-4557;) offers a dinner cruise.
7. Soren Larsen (tel. 0800/767-365 in NZ, or 09/817-8799;), for tall ship tours available December through February.
8. Sail New Zealand (tel. 0800/397-567 in NZ, or 09/359-5987;),
9. Island Escape Cruises (tel. 09/358-1717; ) for longer cruises.
The most on show building in the city, Parliament was completed in 1902 and has 690 gorgeous rooms mixed in a neo-Gothic, neo-Romanesque and neobaroque styles. You’ll only get to see three on a guided tour which takes you around the North Wing. On a tour you’re likely to see the Crown of St Stephen on display, along with the ceremonial sword and, orb and the 10th century Persian crafted sceptre wi...
The busiest square in the city, from dawn to dusk it is crammed with vendors selling spices and vegetables from all over the country. It is fitting then that Annapurna Temple is dedicated to the goddess of abundance, represented by a purana bowl of grain. On Sundays and other days of the week, you’ll see locals walk around the shrine, touch a coin to their heads, throw it into the temple then ring...
Bathhouses that are remnants of Turkish Ottoman legacy. Old Sana'a contains more than a dozen hammams, of which the Hammam al Maidan is the most popular among locals. It is open till late hours of the night, and contains separate bathing facilities for men and women. ...
Tashkent TV Tower: The TV Tower has an observation deck offering spectacular views of the city, and was built in 1981 is the highest building in Central Asia. It is 375 m high. It is the 10th highest building in the world and has a revolving restaurant 110 meters above the ground. ...