This information can be obtained by either visiting the web sites of the major monuments or by googling the term “tour operators” along with the name of the city.
At the visitor center, one can book half or full day tours. Generally speaking, the half day tours cover sightseeing highlights.
1. Mike's Garden Tours (tel./fax 09/846-5350;
2. Tamaki Hikoi (tel. 0800/282-552 in NZ) – walking tour of the Maori area.
3. Bush & Beach (tel. 09/837-4130)– coastal experience tour.
4. Potiki Adventures (tel. 0800/692-3836 in NZ). – specializes in Maori tours.
5. Fullers Auckland, Ferry Building, Quay Street (tel. 09/367-9111)- water tours.
6. The Pride of Auckland, at the National Maritime Museum, Quay Street (tel. 09/373-4557;) offers a dinner cruise.
7. Soren Larsen (tel. 0800/767-365 in NZ, or 09/817-8799;), for tall ship tours available December through February.
8. Sail New Zealand (tel. 0800/397-567 in NZ, or 09/359-5987;),
9. Island Escape Cruises (tel. 09/358-1717; ) for longer cruises.
It’s not called House of Points for nothing; some 1125 pyramid shaped stones punctuate the sky. The former 16th century home of the viceroy to India, it now houses a private organisation but if the lobby is open pop in to see remnants of the old Moorish city wall. Tel: +218 810 900 Address: Rua dos Bacalhoeiros 10 ...
This attraction is a thirty minute drive west of Riyadh. It features a traditional country club layout with superb grassy greens; the last nine holes are even floodlit for night golf. The club also offers tennis, swimming, and horse-back riding activities as well. ...
Kingdom Centre Daily 4-9 PM. Kingdom Center is situated in Al-Urubah Road between King Fahd Road and Olaya Road in the growing business district of Olaya. The Kingdom Center, opened in 2001, is currently the tallest building in Saudi Arabia with a height of 302 meters. It is Riyadh's most celebrated piece of modern architecture, and is quite a sight, especially when lit at night. T...
With its fascinating architecture, Prague can be thought of as an ancient place for children to be enthralled by and enjoy. Along with Prague Castle, there is its fascinating Toy Museum and Miniatures Museum (they are not allowed to touch the displays though). There are numerous toy shops dotted around the city which, when travelling by tram can be entertaining for children, along with the puppet ...