This information can be obtained by either visiting the web sites of the major monuments or by googling the term “tour operators” along with the name of the city.
At the visitor center, one can book half or full day tours. Generally speaking, the half day tours cover sightseeing highlights.
1. Mike's Garden Tours (tel./fax 09/846-5350;
2. Tamaki Hikoi (tel. 0800/282-552 in NZ) – walking tour of the Maori area.
3. Bush & Beach (tel. 09/837-4130)– coastal experience tour.
4. Potiki Adventures (tel. 0800/692-3836 in NZ). – specializes in Maori tours.
5. Fullers Auckland, Ferry Building, Quay Street (tel. 09/367-9111)- water tours.
6. The Pride of Auckland, at the National Maritime Museum, Quay Street (tel. 09/373-4557;) offers a dinner cruise.
7. Soren Larsen (tel. 0800/767-365 in NZ, or 09/817-8799;), for tall ship tours available December through February.
8. Sail New Zealand (tel. 0800/397-567 in NZ, or 09/359-5987;),
9. Island Escape Cruises (tel. 09/358-1717; ) for longer cruises.
This is the largest park in Geneva. It has a total land area of about 12000 square meters, and is situated alongside the Lake. The park houses the biggest and most splendid rose garden in all of Geneva. A theater inside the park, the Verdure Theatre, has free concerts and performances every Wednesday and Friday night during summers. ...
The Mausoleum of Princess Aziza of the Ottoman Empire is a historically significant site in a very intrinsic way. History has it that the princess had a very generous hand for the poor and destitute and even guided the construction of a hospital. Therefore, this mausoleum is visited often by locals and tourists for its beautifully decorated walls and ceramic work. Within the mausoleum is the grave...
Helsinki’s Cultural Office runs this special program for children to keep them entertained during their holidays. Annantalo is an art center that is filled with children learning basic art techniques, attending small exhibitions, workshops and dance performances. ...
This is the best place for those looking for a bit of adventure and extreme water sports. The dive center specializes in scuba diving, snorkeling and other water sports. They have many training courses and short courses, and also rent equipment. With professionally trained staff and highly specialized medical teams and divers, you can be assured that you are in good hands. For those who are not in...