This information can be obtained by either visiting the web sites of the major monuments or by googling the term “tour operators” along with the name of the city.
At the visitor center, one can book half or full day tours. Generally speaking, the half day tours cover sightseeing highlights.
1. Mike's Garden Tours (tel./fax 09/846-5350;
2. Tamaki Hikoi (tel. 0800/282-552 in NZ) – walking tour of the Maori area.
3. Bush & Beach (tel. 09/837-4130)– coastal experience tour.
4. Potiki Adventures (tel. 0800/692-3836 in NZ). – specializes in Maori tours.
5. Fullers Auckland, Ferry Building, Quay Street (tel. 09/367-9111)- water tours.
6. The Pride of Auckland, at the National Maritime Museum, Quay Street (tel. 09/373-4557;) offers a dinner cruise.
7. Soren Larsen (tel. 0800/767-365 in NZ, or 09/817-8799;), for tall ship tours available December through February.
8. Sail New Zealand (tel. 0800/397-567 in NZ, or 09/359-5987;),
9. Island Escape Cruises (tel. 09/358-1717; ) for longer cruises.
The Promenade in East Tsimshatsui is the best place for a leisurely walk and for great views of the harbour. ...
is the burial place of many of the kings of the Prussian empire and the largest church in the city. The beautiful church is worth visiting just for the scale and the age of it. Admission is around €5 and free guided tours are available. Telephone: 2026 91 36. ...
Address: Bandar Seri Begawan Brunei Darussalam Tel: 22 44545 201 Opening Time: Saturday to Thursday: 8:30am - 5pm Friday: 9am - 11:30am & 2:30pm - 5pm Entrance is free A museum near the city centre that was built in 1992 to commemorate the silver anniversary of the sultan and is dedicated to Brunei’s Royal family. It has displays of the royal accessori...
This is an extremely interesting museum that will transport the visitors back into time. The highlights are inscriptions in marble stone dating as far back as 480 B.C pertaining to laws regarding worship in the Acropolis, inscriptions regarding homicide and orders instructing Athenians to flee the city and escape invasion by the Persians. One of the most interesting artifacts is a voting box datin...