This information can be obtained by either visiting the web sites of the major monuments or by googling the term “tour operators” along with the name of the city.
At the visitor center, one can book half or full day tours. Generally speaking, the half day tours cover sightseeing highlights.
1. Mike's Garden Tours (tel./fax 09/846-5350;
2. Tamaki Hikoi (tel. 0800/282-552 in NZ) – walking tour of the Maori area.
3. Bush & Beach (tel. 09/837-4130)– coastal experience tour.
4. Potiki Adventures (tel. 0800/692-3836 in NZ). – specializes in Maori tours.
5. Fullers Auckland, Ferry Building, Quay Street (tel. 09/367-9111)- water tours.
6. The Pride of Auckland, at the National Maritime Museum, Quay Street (tel. 09/373-4557;) offers a dinner cruise.
7. Soren Larsen (tel. 0800/767-365 in NZ, or 09/817-8799;), for tall ship tours available December through February.
8. Sail New Zealand (tel. 0800/397-567 in NZ, or 09/359-5987;),
9. Island Escape Cruises (tel. 09/358-1717; ) for longer cruises.
McGill University is one of the oldest and most prestigious universities in Canada. It has the oldest law school in Canada. The campus has tree lined walkways and an eclectic mix of nineteenth century and modern/postmodern architecture. The atmosphere is collegial; all the students make the campus come alive. During the day you can visit the departments, gardens, and of cou...
The University of Chicago is one of the best universities in the world. It was founded in 1890 thanks to a donation from oil magnate John D. Rockefeller. The university and its reputation quickly grew. By World War II it had become a premier research institution. It was here that mankind's first nuclear reaction took place thanks to Enrico Fermi. Today the University ...
The only place in Singapore where you can enjoy the night out in wild surroundings among nocturnal animals is the Night Safari. Occupying a massive area of 40 hectares, the place offers a diverse range of fauna which has been estimated to be up to 1,000 animals belonging to hundred different phyla. The park has been sub divided into three different categories known as Malaysian Rainforest, Indian ...
Many years ago, at the Campo San Polo bull races took place, fairs and military parades were held but now only the city’s outdoor cinema is set up here on summer nights. The church located here called the Chiesa di San Polo was restored several times but little remains of the original 9th-century building, and the 19th-century alterations were so expensive that the friars had to sell off many grea...