This information can be obtained by either visiting the web sites of the major monuments or by googling the term “tour operators” along with the name of the city.
At the visitor center, one can book half or full day tours. Generally speaking, the half day tours cover sightseeing highlights.
1. Mike's Garden Tours (tel./fax 09/846-5350;
2. Tamaki Hikoi (tel. 0800/282-552 in NZ) – walking tour of the Maori area.
3. Bush & Beach (tel. 09/837-4130)– coastal experience tour.
4. Potiki Adventures (tel. 0800/692-3836 in NZ). – specializes in Maori tours.
5. Fullers Auckland, Ferry Building, Quay Street (tel. 09/367-9111)- water tours.
6. The Pride of Auckland, at the National Maritime Museum, Quay Street (tel. 09/373-4557;) offers a dinner cruise.
7. Soren Larsen (tel. 0800/767-365 in NZ, or 09/817-8799;), for tall ship tours available December through February.
8. Sail New Zealand (tel. 0800/397-567 in NZ, or 09/359-5987;),
9. Island Escape Cruises (tel. 09/358-1717; ) for longer cruises.
Another one of Bucharest’s historical depictions, Romanian Peasant museum holds traditional and folk festivals to exhibit Romanian culture and to preserve the way of life that prevailed for hundreds of years in the country. The museum has various rooms dedicated to a different facet of history such as decorations, tools, artifacts and clothing. Ticket: 6 RON for adults and 3 Ron for students. ...
Children and adults will love the diversity of fauna housed here. Over 1500 kinds of animals from the globe over are housed here. These include animals specific to the region such as Qatar’s national animal the Oryx as well as birds belonging to this region; A fascinating outing for all. Timings: Daily except Saturdays 3 P.M- 9 P.M Admission: 5 QR (Adults) 2 QR (Children) Address: op...
The Magnificent Mile is Chicago's answer to the Champs Elysees. This tower-lined stretch of Michigan Avenue runs from the Loop to the Gold Coast, Chicago's ritziest neighborhood. It is home to luxury retailers, upscale department stores, extravagant condos, and fine dining. Development began in the 1920s after the Michigan Avenue Bridge was constructed across the Chicago River. ...
This district is built around an extensive canal system which carries tourists hitherto. It’s a perfect place to go for a walk or have a picnic on a warm and sunny summer’s day. The tours can b as long as 3 hours and as short as 1 and a half hour with prices approximating 245 Kr. For the entertainment of the tourists, special water games are also organized. Address: Strandgade 50 Telephon...