This information can be obtained by either visiting the web sites of the major monuments or by googling the term “tour operators” along with the name of the city.
At the visitor center, one can book half or full day tours. Generally speaking, the half day tours cover sightseeing highlights.
1. Mike's Garden Tours (tel./fax 09/846-5350;
2. Tamaki Hikoi (tel. 0800/282-552 in NZ) – walking tour of the Maori area.
3. Bush & Beach (tel. 09/837-4130)– coastal experience tour.
4. Potiki Adventures (tel. 0800/692-3836 in NZ). – specializes in Maori tours.
5. Fullers Auckland, Ferry Building, Quay Street (tel. 09/367-9111)- water tours.
6. The Pride of Auckland, at the National Maritime Museum, Quay Street (tel. 09/373-4557;) offers a dinner cruise.
7. Soren Larsen (tel. 0800/767-365 in NZ, or 09/817-8799;), for tall ship tours available December through February.
8. Sail New Zealand (tel. 0800/397-567 in NZ, or 09/359-5987;),
9. Island Escape Cruises (tel. 09/358-1717; ) for longer cruises.
This beautiful Russian Orthodox cathedral was built by Tsar Nicholas II. It is extensively and ornately decorated with icons and religious art. It is considered to be the most inspiring structure outside Russia built by the Orthodoxy. Av. Nicolas-II. Off bd. du Tzaréwitch Timings: May-Sept Daily 09.00 -12.00 & 14.30 - 18.00 Octob...
Located in Makkah, this is where the famous black silk cover of the Ka'aba is hand stitched with real gold thread. If your taxi fellow is a true local, he will know how to take you there. You can see how the cover is prepared. If you are lucky, they might even cut you out a piece of the cover to take home (find a worker from your part of the world there and convince him). ...
Address: downstream along the Zayandeh River. The simplest way to enjoy the Zayandeh area while avoiding noisy, huddling crowds is to take a walk down the paved promenade that runs parallel to the course of the river. An especially well-liked area is the downstream path from the Si-o-Seh to the Khaju Bridge. Splendidly landscaped, with colorful floral beds, charming sitting and resting sp...
The Houston Museum of Natural Science is located in Hermann Park and hosts over 2 million visitors a year. It has four floors of natural science halls and exhibits, a planetarium, butterfly center and IMAX theatre. Throughout the year, the museum hosts numerous special events and exhibits. Address: 5401 Caroline Street, Museum District Tel: (713) 942 8000. Website: www.hmn...