This information can be obtained by either visiting the web sites of the major monuments or by googling the term “tour operators” along with the name of the city.
At the visitor center, one can book half or full day tours. Generally speaking, the half day tours cover sightseeing highlights.
1. Mike's Garden Tours (tel./fax 09/846-5350;
2. Tamaki Hikoi (tel. 0800/282-552 in NZ) – walking tour of the Maori area.
3. Bush & Beach (tel. 09/837-4130)– coastal experience tour.
4. Potiki Adventures (tel. 0800/692-3836 in NZ). – specializes in Maori tours.
5. Fullers Auckland, Ferry Building, Quay Street (tel. 09/367-9111)- water tours.
6. The Pride of Auckland, at the National Maritime Museum, Quay Street (tel. 09/373-4557;) offers a dinner cruise.
7. Soren Larsen (tel. 0800/767-365 in NZ, or 09/817-8799;), for tall ship tours available December through February.
8. Sail New Zealand (tel. 0800/397-567 in NZ, or 09/359-5987;),
9. Island Escape Cruises (tel. 09/358-1717; ) for longer cruises.
This fort is yet another legacy of the Portuguese occupation of Muscat dating back to the latter half of the 16th century. While the fort is closed to visitors, it is a wonderful photop opportunity and is within view from the Mutrah Souk and Corniche. Timings: Daily Admission: none Address: Mutrah Harbor Tel: none ...
This place is located at one end of the Nice harbor and is a good place to go to relax. There is a sea wall here along which you can walk down to the Nice lighthouse. The phare et digue is a wonderfully peaceful place with an atmosphere where you can truly unwind. Port de Nice ...
Senate Square is the most popular destination within Helsinki. It was built by a famous Russian architect, Carl Ludvig Engel(1778-1840). Today the Senate Square houses concerts, events and a site seeing tour. The Square occupies a huge area and has a number of monuments and important buildings located on all four sides. • Lutheran Cathedral This church dates back t...
The Gold Reef City Theme Park is a great place to have some fun. From roller coasters to a giant Ferris wheel, it has everything and is a real treat for kids! Address: Gold Reef City, Ormonde, 8km (5 miles) from city centre Telephone: +27 (0)11 248 6800 Website: http://www.goldreefcity.co.za/ Opening hours: Tues-Sun 0930-1700 ...