This information can be obtained by either visiting the web sites of the major monuments or by googling the term “tour operators” along with the name of the city.
At the visitor center, one can book half or full day tours. Generally speaking, the half day tours cover sightseeing highlights.
1. Mike's Garden Tours (tel./fax 09/846-5350;
2. Tamaki Hikoi (tel. 0800/282-552 in NZ) – walking tour of the Maori area.
3. Bush & Beach (tel. 09/837-4130)– coastal experience tour.
4. Potiki Adventures (tel. 0800/692-3836 in NZ). – specializes in Maori tours.
5. Fullers Auckland, Ferry Building, Quay Street (tel. 09/367-9111)- water tours.
6. The Pride of Auckland, at the National Maritime Museum, Quay Street (tel. 09/373-4557;) offers a dinner cruise.
7. Soren Larsen (tel. 0800/767-365 in NZ, or 09/817-8799;), for tall ship tours available December through February.
8. Sail New Zealand (tel. 0800/397-567 in NZ, or 09/359-5987;),
9. Island Escape Cruises (tel. 09/358-1717; ) for longer cruises.
During his time, Henry Clay Frick was one of the most despised men in America. He was a steel magnate and one of the founders of U.S. Steel. Among other things, he was partially responsible for the Johnstown Flood, which killed more than 2,000 people, and his anti-labor efforts led to the death of sixteen men during the Homestead Strike. Frick was also an avid art collector, and after his death...
Victoria Peak is at 550 m above sea level and as such offers breathtaking views of both the Hong Kong Island and the Kowloon area along with the Harbor. It is a must visit both during the day and at night. The main view point is on the roof of a shopping mall even though the actual peak is to the west. There is a lot of entertainment on the Peak as well as some great eateries. Tram rides to the Pe...
One of the great things about Budapest is that it has an abundance of playgrounds, theme parks and roller-skating parks. One of the best theme parks is Varosliget (City Park) which has an abundance of activities to entertain children: playgrounds, the city zoo, a circus and a fairground. The Szechenyi Baths are well-liked by the older children, especially the whirlpool, and there is also rowing in...
The place is strategically situated in the nucleus of Federation Square and welcomes a completely novel kind of entertainment for the citizens of Melbourne. The place is significant for providing various employment opportunities to people along with its function of conserving the culture and architecture of the city. Address: Level 1 and 2 Yaara Building Federation Square Victoria 3000 Tel...