This information can be obtained by either visiting the web sites of the major monuments or by googling the term “tour operators” along with the name of the city.
At the visitor center, one can book half or full day tours. Generally speaking, the half day tours cover sightseeing highlights.
1. Mike's Garden Tours (tel./fax 09/846-5350;
2. Tamaki Hikoi (tel. 0800/282-552 in NZ) – walking tour of the Maori area.
3. Bush & Beach (tel. 09/837-4130)– coastal experience tour.
4. Potiki Adventures (tel. 0800/692-3836 in NZ). – specializes in Maori tours.
5. Fullers Auckland, Ferry Building, Quay Street (tel. 09/367-9111)- water tours.
6. The Pride of Auckland, at the National Maritime Museum, Quay Street (tel. 09/373-4557;) offers a dinner cruise.
7. Soren Larsen (tel. 0800/767-365 in NZ, or 09/817-8799;), for tall ship tours available December through February.
8. Sail New Zealand (tel. 0800/397-567 in NZ, or 09/359-5987;),
9. Island Escape Cruises (tel. 09/358-1717; ) for longer cruises.
This famous market, a remnant of the old city of Lahore, now houses a museum showcasing Lahore through the ages. On display are the works of various craftsmen, artists, calligraphists and painters. Also housed within are various galleries dedicated to a single aspect of Lahore such as its history, its social life, its shrines, its mosques and other religious places, its hospitals, its gardens and ...
Address: between Esqs San Jacinto and Traposos Cathedral Phone: +28 212 541 2563 Timings: Tuesdays to Fridays 9am to 4pm, Saturdays and Sundays 10am to 430pm. Admission free of charge This is the birthplace of El Liberator Simón Bolívar, the most highly esteemed national hero in Venezuela. It has been restored as a national museum with the utmost attention to detail. Constructed origi...
It is the unofficial ‘centre’ of the city as it holds the Plaza de Mayo, the main square in Buenos Aires. This barrio also has some beautiful French style buildings and is one of the most expensive areas to live. The square is surrounded by the key commercial and shopping areas in Buenos Aires and contains a beautiful park with fountains and statues. The Casa Rosada, the Presidential palace is on ...
Address: located further along the southwest highway, onwards from El Pinar Zoo The main zoo of Caracas currently covers 88 acres of land, more than ten times that of El Pinar, reclaimed from a very large sprawling estate, a 1550 acre coffee plantation. Further expansion of the zoo is under way. The zoo contains a much richer biodiversity on display than El Pinar. Hundreds of species of ani...