This information can be obtained by either visiting the web sites of the major monuments or by googling the term “tour operators” along with the name of the city.
At the visitor center, one can book half or full day tours. Generally speaking, the half day tours cover sightseeing highlights.
1. Mike's Garden Tours (tel./fax 09/846-5350;
2. Tamaki Hikoi (tel. 0800/282-552 in NZ) – walking tour of the Maori area.
3. Bush & Beach (tel. 09/837-4130)– coastal experience tour.
4. Potiki Adventures (tel. 0800/692-3836 in NZ). – specializes in Maori tours.
5. Fullers Auckland, Ferry Building, Quay Street (tel. 09/367-9111)- water tours.
6. The Pride of Auckland, at the National Maritime Museum, Quay Street (tel. 09/373-4557;) offers a dinner cruise.
7. Soren Larsen (tel. 0800/767-365 in NZ, or 09/817-8799;), for tall ship tours available December through February.
8. Sail New Zealand (tel. 0800/397-567 in NZ, or 09/359-5987;),
9. Island Escape Cruises (tel. 09/358-1717; ) for longer cruises.
You cannot visit Prague without visiting its most famous landmark. Founded in the 9th century by Prince Bořivoj of the Premysl dynasty, the castle grew arbitrarily as subsequent rulers made new additions. All Czech rulers have had their residences at the castle except for the country’s first post-communist president who preferred the comforts of his own home. The castle now stands at almost seven ...
With almost 25 perfect of its surface area covered with navigable waterways, Amsterdam is often known as the Venice of the East. Canal Cruises have hence emerged as a major tourist attraction in the city. For those who want to go on a canal cruise, boats can be taken on rent from various boat rental companies. There is a choice of pedal or electrically powered boat. Once popular, Houseboats are no...
This lodge was built in 1670 during the period of colonization as an abode for the slaves of the Dutch East India Company. A great way to learn of the slave trade that occurred in Cape Town; this lodge now home to the South African Cultural History Museum gives an even better understanding of South African history. Paintings, sketches, drawings and photographs depicting Cape Town during the era of...
Address: south side of the Naqsh e Jahan Square Timings: 8am to 1130am, 1230pm to sunset, closed on Fridays Tickets: IRR 4000 The most authentic expression of Safavid architecture, and one of the most beautiful pieces of art that the Safavid Empire contributed to the Islamic world, is the Imam Mosque, also known as the Shah Mosque. Constructed between 1611 and 1638, the mosque is a...