This information can be obtained by either visiting the web sites of the major monuments or by googling the term “tour operators” along with the name of the city.
At the visitor center, one can book half or full day tours. Generally speaking, the half day tours cover sightseeing highlights.
1. Mike's Garden Tours (tel./fax 09/846-5350;
2. Tamaki Hikoi (tel. 0800/282-552 in NZ) – walking tour of the Maori area.
3. Bush & Beach (tel. 09/837-4130)– coastal experience tour.
4. Potiki Adventures (tel. 0800/692-3836 in NZ). – specializes in Maori tours.
5. Fullers Auckland, Ferry Building, Quay Street (tel. 09/367-9111)- water tours.
6. The Pride of Auckland, at the National Maritime Museum, Quay Street (tel. 09/373-4557;) offers a dinner cruise.
7. Soren Larsen (tel. 0800/767-365 in NZ, or 09/817-8799;), for tall ship tours available December through February.
8. Sail New Zealand (tel. 0800/397-567 in NZ, or 09/359-5987;),
9. Island Escape Cruises (tel. 09/358-1717; ) for longer cruises.
A peaceful village which has brightly painted houses lining the canals. As this village’s fishing based economy dwindled, the residents took to lace making to earn a living. As soon as you enter the village, by the time you reach the Piazza Galuppi, the main square you would have passed dozens of stalls of lace vendors. These ladies are very proud of their unique product so they don’t offer great ...
Address: Gamal Abdul Nasser Street, western corner of al-Tahrir Square Phone: 276635 Timings: 3pm to 5pm Housed inside a building that has witnessed several institutions over the years, including being a prison and later a guesthouse, the Military Museum flaunts centuries of Yemeni warfare – from the stone tools of the earliest civilizations up to late modernity. The exhibits are categ...
Address: south of Plaza Bolívar Timings: Tuesdays to Fridays 9pm to 430pm, Saturdays and Sundays 10am to 4pm. Admission free A museum dedicated to the legendary independence hero Simon Bolivar. Situated in a renovated colonial style building, the Bolivar Museum contains exhibits with historic documents, formal dresses from Bolivar’s era, a collection of weapons used during the colonial war...
This beautiful mosque is built at the Prophet’s (P.B.U.H) grand-daughter’s burial site. Built like the Sayidda Ruqayya mosque, it is very popular amongst Iranian and other Muslim pilgrims from all over the globe. The mosque is beautiful with a shiny onion shaped golden dome, beautiful blue tile work and two minarets. Zainab’s mausoleum is located in the centre of the mosque. The interior of the mo...