This information can be obtained by either visiting the web sites of the major monuments or by googling the term “tour operators” along with the name of the city.
At the visitor center, one can book half or full day tours. Generally speaking, the half day tours cover sightseeing highlights.
1. Mike's Garden Tours (tel./fax 09/846-5350;
2. Tamaki Hikoi (tel. 0800/282-552 in NZ) – walking tour of the Maori area.
3. Bush & Beach (tel. 09/837-4130)– coastal experience tour.
4. Potiki Adventures (tel. 0800/692-3836 in NZ). – specializes in Maori tours.
5. Fullers Auckland, Ferry Building, Quay Street (tel. 09/367-9111)- water tours.
6. The Pride of Auckland, at the National Maritime Museum, Quay Street (tel. 09/373-4557;) offers a dinner cruise.
7. Soren Larsen (tel. 0800/767-365 in NZ, or 09/817-8799;), for tall ship tours available December through February.
8. Sail New Zealand (tel. 0800/397-567 in NZ, or 09/359-5987;),
9. Island Escape Cruises (tel. 09/358-1717; ) for longer cruises.
The museum presents the Vietnamese side of the country's struggle against both the French and the Americans. There are three buildings from both wars containing evocative photos and actual war equipment, including aircrafts, tanks, bombs, and big guns, some with signs indicating how many enemies’ lives the war artifacts were responsible for. Also on the grounds is Hanoi's ancient flag tower; Cot C...
Deutsches Museum This museum is the largest museum of technology and natural sciences in the world. There are a vast number of machines, equipment, models and reconstructions on display ranging from telecommunications to space travel and covering everything else in between. There are a number of interactive exhibits as well and children would love to explore this museum. Museumsinsel 1 ...
Featuring music concerts and operas, this Opera house was built recently in 2005. A magnificent piece of art built by Henning Larsen, it’s the best place to kick back, relax and let the artist within you soar! Address: Ekvipagemestervej 10 Telephone: +45 33 69 69 33 ...
A tourist hotspot in Kuwait, the zoological garden cannot be missed, especially when traveling with children. This extensive and meticulously planned park underwent massive reconstruction and updating in its facilities and resources and was reopened to the public in 1993. It is home to over 65 different species of animals, 129 species of birds and five species of reptiles. Not only does it serve a...